RTI for pension

debaprasad92

Question

debaprasad92

Respected members,

Someone's father died in 2009. He was govt employee. But unfortunately since 2009 his family didn't get pension and pf. Official's told his son to take 2lakh and close this matter. So kindly suggest a draft which can help him.

7 answers to this question

Prasad GLN

The concerned legal heir has to prefer a complaint to that Public Authority with a legal heir certificate complaining about the enitre details retirement benefits eligible but not paid by employer.

Also file application to concerned PIO seeking information again with Photo identity and legal heir certificate asking them to provide last drawn salary particulars and copy of procedure for claiming retirement benefits. It is not clear as to whether death is during service or after retirement. Let his son approach that employee's association and seek their guidance. It is too large an issue that can be provided in on line portal. Constant follow up at ground level with colleagues and interaction with higher authorities is a must.

• Super Moderator
RAVEENA_O

First verify whether the retired employee or on his death his spouse or other eligible dependent filed the pension papers as per procedure of the public authority. If that is done, then follow steps suggested in post No.2 above. Else, fill up the required pension papers by retired employee or spouse or other eligible dependents. Normally, only retired employee, spouse, minor children and unmarried daughters are entitled for pension.

debaprasad92

His father died during service period. His son only received GPF money of 2lakh. Main problem is that department has been closed by govt. All others get 4 lakh and their salary as compensation. We will file RTI, lets see what happens.

Prasad GLN

Is it not necessary to provide full details in stead piece mean to get entire information through one post ?

Which was the parent dept., that has undertaken reallocation and disbursement ? Now to whom you have to file RTI, when there is no dept., What about gratuity ? Encashment of leave ? which are to be disbursed immediately ? Who is prepared to pay that Rs.2 lakhs? Where is the service record preserved with such nomination? Whether employee expired during service when the dept., was functioning or after retrenchment like that. How and where the unclaimed money lie at present ? What about group insurance and compassionate appointment ? Is he originally appointed in that dept., or deputed from other dept ? Are these questions not important to find a solution ?

debaprasad92

Sir, you are right. Tomorrow he just urged my help in his problem. So he will give all details. After which i can say what is the fact. He just shared basic information with me and thats what i asked in this forum. I will share all info with you after getting it. Of course I will definitely need your help in future.

Prasad GLN

Do not post your query, first show him an ex employee and take his guidance, try to get the problem solved, and come to forum for help if the problem is beyond your hands.