Jump to content
  • 0

RC book status



5 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

Dear member,


You may issue a notice to the concerned RTO/RTA under CP Act for deficiency of services, as you have not received the RC Book within the time norms fixed as per citizen charter and after one month file a complaint to the District consumer Redressal Forum seeking compensation for delay in deficiency of services.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
  • Super Moderator

It is possible that the RC Book (now it is a Smart Card) sent to your address may have been returned to the RTO by postal authority for insufficient address etc. It is better to visit the RTO first and collect the RC Book ( smart card ). Also please check up in your own house whether you have received a smart card with your vehicle on it.


In order to approach consumer forum, you must have some evidence of deficiency in service on the part of RTO. In case, you do not get the RC Book / smart card by personal contact, please file RTI Application giving details of vehicle number and seek the details such as [1] Date of dispatch of RC Book [2] proof of dispatch of RC Book, [3] date of delivery of RC Book, [3] Date of return to RTO in case not delivered.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
  • 0
  • Moderators

Please lodge a detailed complaint and wait for a month. If no action is taken use RTI by referring:


Long pending? :





For State Govt information: [for format, amount and mode of payment of filing fee]

Centre/State RTI Rules and Fees - Guide







Please check vehicle number mentioned in your post. There is no RTO with NH05

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Prasad GLN

First make efforts to contact the reasons for such delay. There is delay at RTA, as they have to provide High security number plates mandatorily, and many RTAs are not having such number plates. If you find that there is deliberate delay, check the Citizen charter displayed in their office for time frame fixed for issuing such Smart card, and then issue a Registered notice for deficiency of service seeking compensation for harassment for 8 months . It may work, but it should be the last course of action.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Tell a friend

    Love RTI INDIA- Online RTI? Tell a friend!
  • Members

    No members to show

  • Forum Statistics

    • Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Recently Browsing

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy