Nuisance created by my neighbours

iiitn

Question

Hello,

I am D.Prasanth Kumar from Sativada Village, Gara Mandal, Srikakulam District, Andhra Pradesh, India-532405. My family facing so much nuisance from my neighbours i.e, daily they are releasing lot of drainage water from their house to outside which is stay on in front of my house. So many times we told to them please make small canal, but they replied is we don't made anything what ever you do you can do it. So, what will we do now?

4 answers to this question

MANOJ B. PATEL

Dear Member, your query does not relate to RTI Act to which this portal is dedicated.This portal do not supply any information, but only enable and guide our members to access information from government/public authorities by using RTI Act. You will not get any answers here to general doubts and requests for help in non RTI related matters.

Prasad GLN

Remember that You have remain as neighbours for long and also the Bible advice "love thy neighbor". Yes. You may complain about this unhealthy environment particularly during rainy season to concerned Municipal or such authorities who are looking over sanitary conditions in your area.

But if are residing in a newly formed colony, one must ensure for digging pits if possible in their own land and sending them into that pit instead of sending it on Roads when authorities have not made arrangements for such drainage canals.

If you can afford spend some amount and get it done by paying the costs for the present. Hope neighbor will realise and may reimburse the costs.

Yes. You can make complaint to Authorities and even Police but they can not show you a remedy except straining relations further. Think and seek other elder's interference. Not RTI issue.

• Moderators
Sunil Ahya

Kindly make a written complaint to the local Municipality (make the complaint very brief, precise and point-wise), submit the same to inward department and take an acknowledgment on a photocopy of the complaint.

Wait for say 15 days or so, and then file a RTI application to seek information on the action taken on your complaint dated: XXXX filed earlier. Enclose a photocopy of the acknowledged complaint filed ealier along with such a RTI application.

Kindly refer to the following link for a draft template of a RTI application for seeking information on the action taken report:

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/jps50/69-any-thing-pending-govt.html