No reply to RTI Application submitted online

hrushi12

Question

Hello,

I sought RTI Information On Line on 10/07/2015. There is no Supporting Documents Required hence not submitted.

Now today, 18/07/2015, there is a message appears on 'Status' that,

"RTI REQUEST RECEIVED as on 10/07/2015."

"View Document : Reply Document Not Attached."

What this means whether my Application is Rejected or I need to submit more details?

4 answers to this question

Prasad GLN

There is no reply from PIO, and hence a deemed denial which is recorded and you have to file first appeal before FAA of that authority on line stating the status.

(Document not attached means: PIO has neither provided information nor denied information within 30 days from receipt of RTI Application by him, which is considered as deemed denial of information by PIO)

• Moderators
Sunil Ahya

Your RTI request has been received by them as on 10/07/2015.

Kindly wait until 20/08/2015 (i.e. 20th of August, 2015) for a response from the PIO. In case you do not receive a response from the PIO by then, or if you a response from PIO and you are not satisfied, then you may consider filing a first appeal under section 19(1) of the RTI Act.

19. (1) Any person who, does not receive a decision within the time specified in sub-section (1) or clause (a) of sub-section (3) of section 7, or is aggrieved by a decision of the Central Public Information Officer or State Public Information Officer, as the case may be, may within thirty days from the expiry of such period or from the receipt of such a decision prefer an appeal to such officer who is senior in rank to the Central Public Information Officer or State Public Information Officer as the case may be, in each public authority:
  • Super Moderator
RAVEENA_O

In short, the concerned PIO has not decided your RTI Application. PIO has 30 days' time to decide the application and supply you information. Since you have submitted RTI Application on 10/07/15, PIO can decide it by 09/08/2015. Add 5 to 8 days for postal transit time to reach the decision to you. In case you do not hear anything from PIO by that time, follow suggestion in Post no.4.