Jump to content
  • 0
Sumatha Gomasta

Husband and wife same station posting in govt services


Sumatha Gomasta


I am working in a Public sector(Pses) and my wife in central govt and posted at Kolkata ordinance factory board,if I wants to transfer from another place to my head office at Kolkata,is it possible,if my organization not agree what should I do?and what's the procedure.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0




Dear Member,


*All the answer to your questions can be found in 'Rules & Regulations' of the Govt., and


these Rules can in turn be found in Documents held by the Govt. which can always be obtained


by filing a RTI application.


But first one must look for such Rules & Regulations (i.e. Documents) on the internet, and if


one is not able to find them on internet, then one can always file a RTI application with the


Public Information Officer (PIO) of the concerned Public Authority and seek a photocopy o


Please go through the Office Memorandum (OM) F.NO.28034/9/2009-Estt.(A) issued on the


subject by the Central Govt. on the following link:


Posting of husband and wife at the same station ? DoP&T | CENTRAL GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES NEWS DOPT ORDERS

Also refer to;


Page Not Found - GConnect.in




[Posting of husband and wife at the same station – Department of Personnel & Training





* Following is the relevant extract from the said OM:


(vii) Where one spouse is employed under the Central Govt. and the other spouse is employed


under the state Govt.:-


The spouse employed under the Central Govt. may apply to the competent authority and the


competent authority may post the said officer to the station or if there is no post in that


station to the State where the other spouse is posted

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

In addition to what is stated in post 2 and 3 above i AM TO ADD that every PSU has got TRANSFER POLICY DULY APPROVED for its executives and non executives and similarly for central employees also there is such transfer policy notified and you can go through them and then apply for it.Generally such transfers will be permitted

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Similar Content

    • smbhappy
      By smbhappy
      Why I get the message when I post reply?
      Thank you for posting! Your post will not be visible until a moderator has approved it for posting."
      I post a dozen of replies to the various posts. But in a couple of them I get the above message. Is it deliberate? Or there is a policy the every 5th or 6th posting will get this message
      This deters me from replying.
    • karira
      By karira
      The Ministry of External Affairs has issued a public notice on 30 May 2014 clearly stating that there
      is no system in place for having any recogonised/authorised passport agents and warned the public about
      such agents:
      No. CPV/PMU/551/10/11 30 May, 2014
      It has come to the Ministry’s notice that some private
      portals/individuals have been claiming that they are ‘recognised
      /authorised’ by the Ministry of External Affairs, Government of
      India, to extend passport assistance to the public.
      The Ministry hereby makes it clear that the passport portal
      (www.passportindia.gov.in) is the only Government portal offering
      passport services to citizens within India. The portal is web-based
      and can be accessed by anyone, anytime, anywhere for seeking
      passport services. There is no system in place to
      ‘recognise/authorise’ any individual or any travel agency in this
      regard in the country. Any one dealing with such fraudulent
      portals/advertisers/claimants, will do so at his/her own risk and
      This is probably a result of countless RTIs filed by me regarding "recogonised/authorised" agents.
      Generally these were touts who acted in collusion with the RPO staff.
      In fact the situation in Hyderabad RPO was so bad under the previous Passport Officer
      that when an citizen applied for a passport, the "information" would be leaked to a
      agent. The applicant would then get a call from the agent offering to expedite the process
      on payment of money.
      The RPO Hyderabad has now got a service desk manned by es serviceman who help
      complete the application process - for a very small fee.
      But we Indians are very smart.....the business of agents has now been taken over by
      Internet Cafes....who help get people appointments in PSKs - also in collusion with the RPO staff
      and sadly even the TCS staff.
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy