Husband and wife same station posting in govt services

Sumatha Gomasta

Question

Sumatha Gomasta

Hello,

I am working in a Public sector(Pses) and my wife in central govt and posted at Kolkata ordinance factory board,if I wants to transfer from another place to my head office at Kolkata,is it possible,if my organization not agree what should I do?and what's the procedure.

3 answers to this question

MANOJ B. PATEL

Moreover,

Dear Member,

*All the answer to your questions can be found in 'Rules & Regulations' of the Govt., and

these Rules can in turn be found in Documents held by the Govt. which can always be obtained

by filing a RTI application.

But first one must look for such Rules & Regulations (i.e. Documents) on the internet, and if

one is not able to find them on internet, then one can always file a RTI application with the

Public Information Officer (PIO) of the concerned Public Authority and seek a photocopy o

Please go through the Office Memorandum (OM) F.NO.28034/9/2009-Estt.(A) issued on the

subject by the Central Govt. on the following link:

Posting of husband and wife at the same station ? DoP&T | CENTRAL GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES NEWS DOPT ORDERS

Also refer to;

Page Not Found - GConnect.in

[Posting of husband and wife at the same station – Department of Personnel & Training

(DoPT)].

* Following is the relevant extract from the said OM:

(vii) Where one spouse is employed under the Central Govt. and the other spouse is employed

under the state Govt.:-

The spouse employed under the Central Govt. may apply to the competent authority and the

competent authority may post the said officer to the station or if there is no post in that

station to the State where the other spouse is posted

koteswararaonerella

In addition to what is stated in post 2 and 3 above i AM TO ADD that every PSU has got TRANSFER POLICY DULY APPROVED for its executives and non executives and similarly for central employees also there is such transfer policy notified and you can go through them and then apply for it.Generally such transfers will be permitted