My First RTI application

ncorriea

Question

Dear All,

I have drafted 2 below mentione RTI Application to the Charity Commissioner, Please let me know if any changes to be done or any additions to the draft. and also the fee to be paid along with the application

To: Dated: Friday, July 24, 2015.

The PIO

Charity Commissioner Office

Public Trusts Registration Office,

1st Floor, Lili Apartment,

Parsi Agyari Lane,

Tembhi Naka,

Thane (W) 400601.

Noel Corriea.

104, Reema Apartment,

Bakol Street, Bhayander (West),

Dist & Taluka : Thane.

Tel: xxxxxxxx

RE: Application for Information under RTI Act 2005

Dear Sir,

I, Noel Corriea , a citizen of India, request you to kindly provide me the following information under the Right to Information Act, 2005:

1) Please provide me then copies property Details of Sale Permission granted to the “ Our Lady of Nazareth Church Trust” in Bhayander (West) in last 10 years.

a. Survey No , Hissa NO .

b. Agreement Copy of sale.

c. Sale Permission copy.

d. Purpose of Sale.

e. Value of Sale.

I am enclosing herewith a B/C or D/D number…..issued by…….bank, dated……….for Rs………towards application Fees for this RTI Application.

I am willing to pay any further charges as decided by the PIO and communicated to me with a reasoned written order, giving detailed calculations for arriving at the additional charges so requested by the PIO.

Thanking You,

(Noel Corriea)

To: Dated: Friday, July 24, 2015.

The PIO

Charity Commissioner Office

Public Trusts Registration Office,

1st Floor, Lili Apartment,

Parsi Agyari Lane,

Tembhi Naka,

Thane (W) 400601.

Noel Corriea.

104, Reema Apartment,

Bakol Street, Bhayander (West),

Dist & Taluka : Thane.

Tel: xxxxxxx

RE: Application for Information under RTI Act 2005

Dear Sir,

I, Noel Corriea , a citizen of India, request you to kindly provide me the following information under the Right to Information Act, 2005:

2) Please provide me the Copies of Income Tax Returns filed by “ Our Lady of Nazareth Church Trust” in Bhayander (West) in last 5 years.

a. Audited Balance Sheet.

b. Year Wise Tax Assecsment Copy.

c. Audited Profit or loss Statement.

I am enclosing herewith a B/C or D/D number…..issued by…….bank, dated……….for Rs………towards application Fees for this RTI Application.

I am willing to pay any further charges as decided by the PIO and communicated to me with a reasoned written order, giving detailed calculations for arriving at the additional charges so requested by the PIO.

Thanking You,

(Noel Corriea)

Edited by RAVEENA_O

7 answers to this question

• Administrators
rtiindia

Hi ncorriea and welcome to RTI INDIA- Right to Information! This is an introductory reply and members of our forum shall reply to your specific query shortly.

You have just made a post at our community which is dedicated to helping you in matters of Right to Information. If you are new to RTI, you should read this article here What is Right to Information? - Guide.

PLEASE NOTE: We may not be able to answer your query conclusively, if it is not related to RTI, like finding a mobile number, vehicle registration number etc. These are not related to RTI.

ncorriea here are some more links for you to explore about RTI:

1. Join our wiki RTI Wiki [Right to Information Wiki]

2. Read here about How to Become RTI Activist

3. Read here RTI Online- Step by Step Guide to File RTI Online

4. Here you shall find various Centre / State RTI Rules and Fees: Centre/State RTI Rules and Fees - Guide

5. Read here about various case laws of RTI: http://www.rtiindia.org/law/

Thank You!

• Moderators
Sunil Ahya

> Your RTI applications seems to be fine.

> Kindly download Maharashtra RTI Forms from the following link:

> The simplest way to pay RTI application fees in Maharashtra, is to paste a Court fee stamp of Rs 10/- on each RTI application. Court fee stamps are easily available inside any of the courts at the printed price of the stamps or with the private vendors outside the court or xerox shops outside large govt. offices e.g. Municipality at a nominal extra price (nowadays there is no expiry period for these court fee stamps i.e. it has a life time validity, so one can purchase some extra CF stamps and keep it with oneself for RTI appeal levels that one may have to go through i.e. one may require Rs. 20/- CF stamp for first appeal and likewise Rs. 20/- for second appeal level).

G.R.Vidyaranya

I am not sure about your asking the Charity Commissioner for Copies of Income Tax Returns filed by “ Our Lady of Nazareth Church Trust” in Bhayander (West) in last 5 years. AND Year Wise Tax Assessment Copy.

Normally Societies file on Audited Balance Sheet, Income/Expenditure(or Profit/Loss as you call it) and Receipts and Payment statements. The Income Tax returns are filed with Income Tax Authorities.

No use barking up the wrong tree.

• Moderators
Sunil Ahya

There is not harm in including the said request for information. If the said information is not available with the Office of the Charity Commissioner, its PIO will inform you against that particular point of request for information accordingly. In Maharashtra there is a popular RTI saying: आहे ते मिडेल (ATM) मांगायला काय हर्ज आहे, मांगीतल्या शिवाय कस मिडणार .

Just add one line in the section Description of Information Required:

Kindly provide a specific and separate response against each of the following points of request for information.

Edited by Sunil Ahya
  • Moderators
Sunil Ahya
Are these applications as per prescribed Mahrashtra Format ?

And what is the prescribed Maharashtra format, Sir ?? Awaiting your feedback !!

Prasad GLN

I thought that Mahrashtra RTI Application is a different format 'as you have suggested for downloading

Maharashtra formats in your reply.