Framing of question: Procedure for removal of wife's name from service record on divorce

Raghunathan Pillai

Question

Raghunathan Pillai

Dear Sir,

I am an ex-serviceman drawing pension from defence. I was married to SINDU KR in 2003. The marriage was registered and got marriage certificate. I got her name entered in my service book as SINDU R PILLAI (Full form- SINDU RAGHUNATHAN PILLAI), her post marriage name.

I got discharge from service in 2009 and her name was entered in joint notification for family pension as SINDU R PILLAI.

After that my wife deserted me and for last six years there is no contact between us.

I filed a petition for divorce in the family court in 2015. She did not contest the case and it was set exparte. I received the copy of divorce decree in which her name is mentioned as SINDHU KR.

Now I want to get her name removed from my service record and joint notification for family pension. But I am unable to proceed due to difference in my wife's name as entered in service book and divorce decree.

I want to put an RTI Application to know the procedure for removal of wife's name from service book on divorce when there is difference in wife's name in service book and divorce decree.

I want help in framing the RTI question for this.

Can anybody help me in this?

Thanks in advance.

2 answers to this question

• Super Moderator
RAVEENA_O
I want to put an RTI Application to know the procedure for removal of wife's name from service book on divorce when there is difference in wife's name in service book and divorce decree.

Your wife had never contested the case. Name Sindhu KR was presented by yourself before the Court. Now, make application before the Pension Sanctioning Authority, indicating that Sindhu KR was her maiden name at the time of marriage and it is in marriage certificate and the name was changed as Sindhu R. Pillai post marriage as your wife. The competent court has decreed the divorce and therefore request to remove her name from Family Pension records.

You need to prove that Sindhu KR and Sindhu Rughanathan Pillai are one and same person. If you have a copy of the Wedding Card, it can help. Make an affidavit that Sindhu KR had married with you and consequent upon her marriage her name was known as Sindhu Raghunathan Pillai which was entered in your service record being your wife. Consequent upon her desertion, divorce proceedings were filed at Family Court at ............. and the Hon'ble Court decreed the divorce, in which your wife's name was shown as Sindhu KR i.e. her maiden name. Both Sindhu KR and Sindhu R Pillai are one and same person, who was your wife. Name Sindhu KR mentioned as wife of Raghunathan Pillai in the decree of divorce granted by Hon'ble Family Court at ............. and Sindhu Raghunathan Pillai shown in Family Pension Records are one and same person, who was wife of Raghunathan Pillai.

For the procedure, you may file RTI Application with the CPIO of the Pension Sanctioning Unit and seek the certified copy of the procedure for removal of wife's name from service book on divorce when there is difference in wife's name in service book and divorce decree.

Prasad GLN

The divorce decree is sufficient, as your name is correctly mentioned, Nominees do not have any rights during life time of employee, their name and other particulars are not material during your life time. In employee's own interest, he should mention correct name in the nomination. The employer can never reject cancellation of such nomination, simply because there is a spelling mistake in unrelated document. It is your money, it is your right, employer have no business to reject your request.