ispy

India Post website intentionally not allowing to log in?

Are you able to file RTIs or send ePosts online through IndiaPost?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are you able to file RTIs or send ePosts online through IndiaPost?

• I'm unable to login
    • Yes, I'm able to login and send RTIs
    • You can't apply for RTIs on the specified websites.
    • I've never heard of ePost.

Question

ispy

Recently I found the indiapost.nic.in website where you can supposedly apply for electronic posts etc. i.e; you can give text and they will print and send it to the specified address.

But after registering account I'm unable to login. No error message is shown.

I'm getting an error message when I type invalid user id or password, but I get no error when I use correct password and username, just the main page is shown as if nothing happened.

Also there is the issue of https://www.epostoffice.gov.in/ on which any links don't work.

Is this an attempt to stop Activists from filing RTIs online (To State govt)?

Is anyone else able to file RTIs or send ePosts online?

Edited by ispy
Added http://

5 answers to this question

ispy

Update: I booted into my Windows and recheked with Firefox and Chrome and Internet Explorer.

Logging in using Internet Explorer works. Looks like they are checking user-agent and intentaionally blocking Firefox and Chrome.

So I can't use Linux and free software to access government websites. I have to buy a Windows license for 5000 rupees or download a virus or spywate or trojan infested pirated version of Windows from torrents.

Good job India Post.

Prasad GLN

Please file application to seek such information as to the reasons why they have not considered this operation through all browsers, and patronising only one brower, which may not be working for all browsers, complaints received if any, and steps take for reaching the facility to many.

I think that we can use the same through notified post offices also,

Please take up the matter in larger public interest and get some improvement, as you have commenced the process and technically competent.

ispy

This is regarding to the problem of ePost allowing login only through Internet Explorer. Firefox and Chrome are not working.

Here is the original post.

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/171516-india-post-website-intentionally-not-allowing-log.html

So I've decided to file an RTI according to http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/members/g-l-n-prasad.html suggestion.

But I need help drafting it. Here is the application that I've drafted so far.

1) Please confirm if the indiapost.nic.in allows only Internet Explorer users to login.

2) Provide details on if the website was tested on various browsers like Firefox and Chrome.

3) If "1)" is true why is Internet Explorer is being patronised especially since it's available only for users who buy a Microsoft Windows license for at least 5000 rupees.

4) Have you received any complaints regarding the inability to login to the above mentioned site?

5) Please provide details of action taken in regards to complaints received about "inability to login to the above mentioned site"

6) Please provide me name and other contact details of the company or person who maintains the website.

Prasad GLN

1) Please inform the browser through which indiapost.nic.in can be accessed..

2) The specific reasons browsers of like popular Firefox and Chrome can not open the link

3) The reasons for patronising is Internet Explorer especially since it's available only for users who buy a Microsoft Windows license for at least 5000 rupees.

4)Please inform number of complaints/ feed back regarding the inability to login to the above mentioned site in 2014-15?

5) Please provide details of action taken in regards to complaints received about "inability to login to the above mentioned site"

6) Please provide me name and other contact details of the company or person who maintains the website.

7)Please provide steps taken for using the site more user friendly and developments brought in software and the supplier of such software