DoPT seeks comments on Draft OM reg non-disclosoure of personal details of an individual in proactive disclosure.

• Super Moderator
RAVEENA_O

DoPT made a Draft OM based on judgment of Hon'ble High Court of Calcutta in WP No. 33290 of 2013 to the effect that while proactively disclosing RTI applications and Appeals and responses thereto on website of Public Authorities, the personal details of an individual should not be disclosed.

Here is the OM >>> Uploading of RTI Replies on the respective websites of Ministries/Departments.

Prasad GLN

Madam,

I am sorry I am unable to understand the directive.

What I could deduce is that

1)Those applications in which personal information was provided to applicants need not be uploaded.

2)They should have given clarity on such personal information.

The most important aspect is disclosure of name of RTI Applicant may also be dangerous and he should be a whistle blower.

For me it appears that there should be more clarity in directive with a single word.

Disclose

Do not disclose

option in RTI Application.

Is there any thing I missed from directive and whether that directive is fully in tune with HC decision has to be discussed by experts.

MANOJ B. PATEL

The Department of Personnel and Training has invited comments from stakeholders on a Draft Office Memorandum, based on the ruling of the Kolkata High Court in Avishek Goenka v. Union of India, W.P. 33290(W) of 2013. In the case, High Court had pronounced it a duty of the authority to hide the information seeker’s personal details, particularly from its website, to avoid “harassment by persons having vested interest.”

Read more at: Disclosure of Personal details of RTI applicants; DoPT invites suggestions | Live Law