Dtdc courier - consignment not delivered

solansatvir

Question

Hello, I had booked a consignment consisting of a rakhi and a gift, with DTDC courier services. Though the online tracker system shows that the courier has reached destination Mumbai but the consignment has not been delivered. I had done several calls but they are not providing satisfactory answer. I want to file a case in consumer forum. How much damage charges can i ask?

5 answers to this question

You can ask any amount. Will depend on the forum how much they will sanction. If the compensation claimed is greater, then you have to file in appropriate state or national forum. If less than 20 Lakh it is in the District Forum limit. 20 L to 1 Cr is State Forum and above that is National. Consult you District Consumer Forum for guidance

• Super Moderator

Please go through copy of their receipt / bill, which clearly stipulates the extent of damages permissible in case of loss of consignment. However, you can consult a lawyer practicing in Consumer matters and proceed according to his advice.

Please remember that Speed Post Services are the best and fastest services with guarantee of delivery within stipulated time (depends on distance) or location.

Before filing it is mandatory to explore filing of on line complaint, and then issue notice for deficiency of services. As the matter is minor, as the complaint proceedings are summary in nature, it may not exceed Rs.500/- to file complaint, if the party appears in person.

(DTDC customer care is very bad and no one cares for the complaints. Speed post services are also bad in some cases as it takes 5 days to reach 35 Km. However the accountability with postal services is always better when compared with private entities which are purely commercial.)

I have sent the courier from Bangalore to Chennai on 29th December. It was supposed to be delivered on 31st December. However, still the package has not been delivered. I have sent multiple emails customersupport@dtdc.com, called multiple times and raised online query. They are not providing any solution to me.  When I call to the DTDC care, abruptly they are disconnecting my call. Such an unprofessional behaviour. I made a blunder mistake by choosing this unethical delivery partner .
Consignment:B96745826

This forum is dedicated for guiding citizens for seeking information under RTI Act from public Authorities. This forum can not  guide on every sundry issues, as private entities are beyond ambit of RTI Act.

You can yourself track the present status  either by contacting the office that accepted consignment or any DTDC office or their online website by providing consignment No..  You can also make a call to toll free no  stated on back of your consignment receipt.

Please be guided by above replies available in this thread and you can also file online complaint in their website and they will send reply by email.