Muthus

Question

Have left the job 3 years before and requested with the employer to close my pf account, but, they keep telling me that pf office is rejecting the pf closure for some reasons. have sent the corrected forms but no response from both the employer and the pf office. employer is not replying to the mails also. 3 years - I do keep tracking this forever. There is no reply from the employer stating no response from pf office. clueless what to do next? please help me with the suggestions and thoughts and ideas.

2 answers to this question

• Super Moderator
RAVEENA_O

Please file RTI Application with the EPFO concerned and seek information as under by referring >> RTI Application for EPF Withdrawal Status [Right to Information Wiki]

Strike out whichever is not relevant. Modify if required, to suit your case.

To

The Central Public Information Officer

Employees Provident Fund Organization

Full Address

Pin Code

Sub: Request for information under Section-6(1) of RTI Act.

Sir,

I have applied for Temp/Final withdrawal of EPF vide Form No. —-. However the claim is not settled till today. The on-line status being shown in EPFO website is also not satisfactory. Therefore, I seek following information under Right to Information Act with respect to my EPF Withdrawal claim.

Following are my PF withdrawal details:

My EPF account / UAN number :

Previous/current Employer name:

Withdrawal application Form No:

Withdrawal application date :

Details of information sought:

(1) Date on which the EPF Withdrawal claim application dated .........submitted by me was received in your EPFO office.

(2) Please inform me the date on which my EPF withdrawal claim was passed and the payment was deposited to my Bank Account through electronic mode / or cheque no. and date, (if claim settled by cheque.)

(3) In case the amount is still not deposited to my bank account, please inform me the due date by which my EPF withdrawal claim was required to be settled in terms of Para 72(7) of EPF Scheme.

(4) Certified copy of communication sent by EPF Commissioner to me with respect to deficiencies, if any, in my EPF Withdrawal application.

(5) Certified copy of Note Sheet indicating notings by various officials and decision of EPF Commissioner on my Application for withdrawal of amount from my above metioned EPF Account.

(6) please supply me certified copy of statutory provision under which my EPF withdrawal claim is disapproved / disallowed, in case the withdrawal is disallowed or disapproved under any specific statutory provisions.

(7) If no decision is taken and settled the EPF withdrawal Claim made by me vide Withdrawal application mentioned above, please inform me the name, destination and office address of EPF Commissioner concerned, who is personally liable to pay penal interest for delay beyond 30 days.

(8) If my EPF Withdrawal case is not processed and put up to EPF Commissioner by the dealing staff of your EPFO Office, within statutory time limit, please inform me the name, designation and office address of staff failed to act within stipulated time as per the EPF Scheme.

(9) List of officer(s) and staff, with designation and office address, whose assistance are/were sought by CPIO in terms of Sec-5(4) of RTI Act, in supplying information with respect to this RTI Application.

I am attaching IPO for Rs.10/- payable to the Accounts Officer, EPFO …………. payable at ……….. towards RTI Application Fee.

Please send the information to my below address by Registered post.

Yours faithfully,

Signature

Name ………………

Address ……………

Date:

Prasad GLN

Can the employee can not withdraw the amount without employer's permission by filing application directly as per revised rules ?

If so can the member file this as grievance also in their on line portal if he has filed all the applications for withdrawal ?