Sign in to follow this  
crusader

M S Bitta moves RTI, asks why security removed 2 days before attack

crusader

New Delhi, November 9: Former Youth Congress leader M S Bitta has written a letter to the Centre seeking information under the RTI Act as to why his security was withdrawn in 1993, two days before a bomb attack on him.

The former Punjab minister, who heads the All India Anti-Terrorist Front, has sought the assessment report of the security review committee from the Home Ministry in his case in September 1993. Nine people were killed and several others injured in the bomb attack at Delhi’s Raisina Road.

“I feel there was some conspiracy behind the sudden issuance of the order of security withdrawal by the Ministry of Home Affairs in my case. ... I feel there had been deliberate attempts to expose me to terrorists,” he said in his letter to the VIP security director in the Ministry.

In the letter, he has sought whether the Centre’s decision to withdraw security was prompted by some “political pressure” as he “recalled he had faced a deadly attack” in May 1992 in Amritsar.

He has also sought information on action taken against agencies involved in security arrangements for former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi before his assassination.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• Ram Kumara Naga Raja
      By Ram Kumara Naga Raja
      BBMP (Municipal council of Bangalore) does not take either postal or Online R.T.I queries.
      Since there is no accountability, the roads are in disarray and no action has been taken. Now with this covid19 pandemic, these fellows are just sitting and eating peanuts.

Several compliant either to the BBMP app, P.M.O office or the local M.L.A/MP have fallen on deaf ears.
      Has anyone succeeded in resolving roads via the R.T.I route or some other route? 
    • Shree Vathsan
      By Shree Vathsan
      I had sought details of loan and copies of agreement entered with World Bank, JICA etc. of IT Expressway Chennai (created in partnership with Govt of TN) However the PIO has replied that they have moved out of world bank loan and taken loan from other banks details of which cannot be disclosed under 8(1) d of RTI Act citing "commercial confidence".
      However the IT Expressway is a public limited company having entered into agreement with Govt of TN and others for developing and maintaining a particular stretch of road.

Kindly help me frame a good first appeal.

Sent from my SM-J510FN using RTI INDIA mobile app

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy