RTI on Behalf of My Wife

deepmadhav

Question

deepmadhav

Hi,

Can I file RTI to UP Board and Agar University for my wife's educational certificates and degree certificates information or any thing else related to my wife? Can I ask on behalf of her, as she is not well known regarding RTI and its proceedings? Can these authority reject my RTI application or Not?

4 answers to this question

CHITTABARIK

You can file application.But what the need to file on your name ? If you file then PIO may think up of third party information.

As you know how to file RTI then just get the application drafted and get signed by your wife.Send application with requisite fee and id proof to certify that,she is asking about her certificate details.

Sent from my SM-G550FY using RTI INDIA mobile app

Prasad GLN

You can draft the prescribed RTI Application, affix Adhesive court fee, and get the application signed by the applicant (your wife). Even illiterate person can seek such information, and when she was a student of AU, what prevents her in signing the same, if every thing is proper ?

When one knows that there is a risk of rejection or denial, if information is focus, it is always proper to avoid such rejections by taking proper precautions.

deepmadhav
You can draft the prescribed RTI Application, affix Adhesive court fee, and get the application signed by the applicant (your wife). Even illiterate person can seek such information, and when she was a student of AU, what prevents her in signing the same, if every thing is proper ?

When one knows that there is a risk of rejection or denial, if information is focus, it is always proper to avoid such rejections by taking proper precautions.

Hi,

Thanks for your valuable reply. Actually I want to file RTI on behalf of my wife because she lives too far from me. In AU and Allahabad board cases both did not reply her RTI filled in the month of Dec-16.

So I decided for it as I can file file second appeal at SIC/CIC and can run and attend case for judgement.

Is there any NOC format that I can take from her to file RTI for her information.

Sent from my Lenovo A7010a48 using RTI INDIA mobile app

• Super Moderator
RAVEENA_O

Educational qualification details etc of third party are personal information qualified for exemption under Sec-8(1)(j) of RTI Act. Therefore you cannot get it unless you satisfy the PIO/FAA about the larger public interest necessitating disclosure of the exempted information.

Best way, as already suggested, is to get the application filed by your wife only. If there is a matrimonial dispute, you may approach the court where the proceedings are pending, for file appropriate proceedings for production of documents.