Syndicate Bank transferring lady employees against Central Govt. circular

kannanambadi

Question

kannanambadi

Hello All,

My wife works in Syndicate Bank, Trivandrum, Kerala Zone. I work in an IT company in bangalore. We've got a 10 months old baby, and my parents are taking care of our kid during weekdays. My baby is not crawling properly, always need someone's attention. Fortunately it was my parents took care since my wife started going to office for the last 3-4 months. As you know, being Asst. Manager, she used to reach home daily after 8 Only. Still we were happy that our kid is going good.

All of sudden, my got transfer notice from Syndicate Bank zonal office, asking her to join Coimbatore (that to away from city) within one week. Is this a joke? How we will shift from home to a new place where everything is different (Climate, food, different language, need to find a new house for rent, need a servant etc etc.). I am really worried and do not know what to do. Hence requesting your suggestions or throughts. Please help me.

Here are the options im thinking right now.

1. How we can cancel this transfer? Who is the right person whom can cancel the transfer?

2. As per circular Ministry (F.No.4/9/1/2014-IR) To accommodate as far as possible transfer of married female employee, on her request, at a place where her husband is stationed or as near as possible to that place. Same circular also available in syndicate bank officers association web site. http://sboa.org.in/downloads/circulars/2014/2014-SBOA-Cir-11-Final.pdf

So as per circular, the transfer allotted to my wife is against the Govt. policy. Can we do anything on this?

Please share your thoughts or suggestions.

Thank You,

KM.

1 answer to this question

• Super Moderator
RAVEENA_O

Transfer is a normal routine of public service. Since she is an officer, she has an All India Service liability. Transfer on spouse account or popularly known in banking circle as compassionate transfer is again based on many factors such as other people registered and in queue for such transfer, availability of vacancy at nearby branches, impact on other similarly placed staff joined at that station based on compassionate transfer etc. Even otherwise, you were at Bangalore and she was at Thiruvanandapuram. It may be that she might not have applied for transfer to Bangaluru on compassionate ground.

Normally banks do not cancel such orders. However, you can approach the management with and seek compassion. She can also seek help from the Officers' Association.