Q about Registration Number at CIC

murgie

Question

Background: Relating to an RTI query to SEBI on 30th December 2015, I initially filed online a second appeal with CIC on 5th July 2016 (and received an online acknowledgment but only radio silence from CIC after that). The "provisional number" on the screen acknowledging my second appeal filed online was useless in searching for its status. After many months of back and forth (and some advice from Shri Karira who contributes a lot to this site) finally today, I received the following message from one of folks at CIC, Shri Krishan Avtar Talwar:

"Dear Sir

As per the available record, it seems that your second appeal dated 5 july 2016 on RTI application dated 30.12.2015 has been registered vide File No. CIC/SEBIH/A/2017/139953 on 12.06.2017.

With regards"

I'm trying to use this File No. above, in whole or in part, at the status-checking page = https://rtionline.gov.in/request/status.php (which requires not a file number but a registration number) and nothing so far based on the above File No. seems to be the registration number needed to check its status. Can anyone with experience with CIC and its registration numbers please help, and let me know what the registration number is. Thank you. Best, -Murgie

4 answers to this question

• Super Moderator
RAVEENA_O

Your second appeal dated 5 july 2016 on RTI application dated 30.12.2015 has been registered vide File No. CIC/SEBIH/A/2017/139953 on 12.06.2017. Now you may wait for your turn for hearing. Normally it may take one to one-and-a-half years for your appeal to come up for hearing, depending upon pendency before the concerned IC.

That's what Shri Krishan Avtar Talwar of CIC told me in his email, which I copied in my post. My questions is: how do I check status online? This number does not seem to work on the CIC's status-checking webpage.

Thank you. This is a very different and far more useful page. The page whose link I included in my original post is where I was led to from the CIC's own website. This helps. Thank you.