SBI has deducted the Account Closure Charges of Rs 590

janak21

Dear Sir/Madam,

I wish to know that is there any provision by RBI to charge customer for their own account closure. I just has closed an account from SBI Bhavangar, Gujarat Sardarnagar Branch. I have filled up a form to close the account in which the charge was not mentioned and only charge applicable instruction was there. So I thought that the charge may be 20-25 Rs. for which I was ready.

But the bank has debited the amount of Rs. 500 + 18% GST from the account which was really shocking. I request you to give information whether there is any such guideline by RBI for such closure charge by Bank or not. If there its Ok but if not there how bank can charge so high charges for my own account closure due to their poor service.

In addition, there was no feedback space on which I can mention the reason why I want to close the account. Means bank was interested in only debiting the account closure charges.

I request your kind help by providing the information.

Best Regards,

Janak Bhatt

DELETED mobile number - not allowed to post on the forum

Edited by karira
  • Super Moderator
karira

I request your kind help by providing the information.

DELETED mobile number - not allowed to post on the forum

Just try doing this:

LMGTFY

Prasad GLN

File RTI Application and seek copy of such circular basing on which Rs.500/- was debited as closing charges.

It will not cost more than Rs.10/- as RTI fee. Pay RTI fee in that Bank, handover RTI Application to SBI Manager and get his acknowledgment.

Application dt.26th July, 2017 seeking information under RTI Act filed

Before: CPIO, State Bank of India....Through APIO of.....................Branch.

RTI fee: Rs.10/- paid in cash

Applicant:............................

Information solicited:

1)Please provide me the copy the circular guideline on which a sum of Rs.500/- was deducted from my savings bank account no...................in the name of............................................on........................................with.........................Branch IFSC : No:

2.Provide the exact reference in Circular basing on which such charges were deducted with details of such deduction.

Applicant.

• Super Moderator
karira
File RTI

There is no point in filing a RTI if the information is already there in revised charges.

Please see the link I gave in post # 2 above

• Super Moderator
RAVEENA_O

Here is the copy of Instructions indicating closure charges >> https://www.sbi.co.in/portal/documents/28392/54637/SBI+site+upload-Service+Charges-wef+01.04.2017.pdf/0ec3339b-20af-4a9d-b805-219aef520425

In addition, you are also required to pay the penalty for non-maintenance of monthly average balance (MAB) in your account (for each month).