My voter id made and acquired by someone else fraudently

RTIDELHI

Question

I recently came to know that someone made a voter id in my name without my knowledge and used it fraudulently. I would like to file RTI application to know the details of documents submitted, verification and on what basis the voter id was delivered to someone other than me. Kindly guide me if:

1)Should I file it to ECI or state election commision or at district level? Kindly suggest how to go about it.

2) Is it possible to file RTI online?

Thanks and Regards,

6 answers to this question

Prasad GLN

You can also report this as grievance in online pgportal, as it takes two minutes to lodge the grievance and it is free of cost. You can also pray for filing complaint against the culprit. Once the directions are from Chief Election officer, it has it's weight and the matter will be investigated within a month.

Dear Forum members (also, Priya mam and Prasad sir)

Many thanks for your suggestions. As suggested I filed a complaint on both the websites, grievance portal and the state election commission website ( ECI website, the complaint was somehow not getting posted).

I have not received any reply as of now from grievance portal but the file has moved from center to state nodal officer so hopefully, i will hear something from them soon.

Now I want to file RTI as well. I have come up with some questions. Kindly let me know if these are alright. I want to know all the details about the EPIC application, documents submitted and delivery.

1. Please provide the date on which application for EPIC No. xxxx was made.

2. Please provide the name of the person who applied for the said card and whether it was through online or offline mode.

3. Please provide the certified copy of the application and certified copies of all the identity and residential proof documents submitted along with the application.

4. Please provide the date of physical verification and a certified copy of the physical verification records.

5. Please provide name and address of the person who collected EPIC or to whom the EPIC was delivered

6. Please provide certified copies of id/document used to collect the EPIC.

Also, I would like your guidance in following:

a) Are these too many questions in one application?

b) Should I break these into smaller questions instead of using "and" ?

c)I will include my EPIC number in the application, will they give information for one EPIC number?

d) The RTI application should be addressed to PIO of State Election Commission?

e) What should I write in the postal order if I send RTI application to PIO State Election Commission?

I am sorry for asking too many questions. I did read the articles and other posts on the this forum for guidance and tried to incorporate as much as I can but I still need some guidance because I dont have much time and I do not want my application to wander a lot before it reaches the right person.

I am really really thankful to this forum for all the selfless help.

Thanks and Regards.

Prasad GLN

a)Go ahead. Nothing bars in seeking that information as it belongs to you, and as you are affected party and there is larger public interest involved as fake voter card was generated with fraudulent documents. You have to file RTI Application to that SPIO that has recommended for issue of such card.

b)Not needed.

c)You can provide your EPIC number.

d)File to State CEO and if required he may direct the application to the concerned.

e)Follow RTI rules and regulations of your state. As Delhi comes under Central, you can draw PO Accounts Officer, CEO payable at New Delhi.

Once a complaint / grievance is made, they are supposed to take it seriously and investigate the issue.

Wait for some time and then file RTI Application seeking status of your complaint as per format available in our blogs. The sample RTI application on complaint status is available in RTI wiki guide segment.

Thank you Sir. This is really helpful. Also thanks for the grievance cell tip, I had no idea about such department. I will update here as soon as things move in my case.

a)Go ahead. Nothing bars in seeking that information as it belongs to you, and as you are affected party and there is larger public interest involved as fake voter card was generated with fraudulent documents. You have to file RTI Application to that SPIO that has recommended for issue of such card.

b)Not needed.

c)You can provide your EPIC number.

d)File to State CEO and if required he may direct the application to the concerned.

e)Follow RTI rules and regulations of your state. As Delhi comes under Central, you can draw PO Accounts Officer, CEO payable at New Delhi.

Once a complaint / grievance is made, they are supposed to take it seriously and investigate the issue.

Wait for some time and then file RTI Application seeking status of your complaint as per format available in our blogs. The sample RTI application on complaint status is available in RTI wiki guide segment.