Animani

Recruitment for private technical university

Question

Animani

Sir/Madam,

I have completed my UG degree in Electronics and Communication Engineering and PG and Ph.D in Computer Science and Engineering. I have been working in computer science and engineering department for approximately 11 years.

Recently I applied for associate professor in a private technical university. Interview went well and everyone were satisfied by my performance in the interview. But my application got rejected only because my UG is not in CSE/IT but is in ECE. I was informed that the norm of AICTE is that all the degrees should be from the same discipline.

I was previously working in another private university in CSE department where I did not find any issues like this. And also I see in most of the private universities, most of the faculties' UG and PG degree are not from the same discipline.

Now, I am in a status of non-eligibility for a faculty position in both ECE and CSE department.

I need some clarification regarding the recruitment process in private technical universities.

1 answer to this question

Prasad GLN

The norms and stipulations are the same for all colleges that are affiliated to AICTE / UGC. You can file RTI application in letter form and enclose postal order for Rs.10/- can seek the copy of such laid down norms fixed by AICTE for recruitment to the post of Asst.Professors.

After receiving the information you can decide as to whether the spoken words of Private Technical University is a fact or pretext.