RTI - filing suggestion - sample

user9999

hello,

just needed your view on this-

is it ok to mention the below sections in RTI -? found a RTI sample that had the below mentioned.

1). Below Items are for your kind information and consideration

a. As per section 6(3) of the RTI Act 2005, In case, the requested information is held by another public authority,I request the PIO to transfer the application or part of it within FIVE days and immediately inform me about such transfer.

b. As per section 7(3) of the RTI Act 2005, In case, there are further fee required to provide the requested information, I request the PIO to inform me of the additional fee amount along with the calculations made to arrive at the amount.

c. As per section 7(8)(iii) and 7(3)(ii) of the RTI Act 2005, I request the PIO to inform me of the particulars of First Appellate Authority.

d. Section 20(1) of the Central Act allows for the imposition of penalties. Most notably, where a PIO has, without any reasonable cause.

Just file the RTI application, and it is the PIO responsibility to proceed further, as those are statutory obligations. Make application as simple as possible, and never try to teach PIO the sections, which they are aware.

• Super Moderator
hello,

just needed your view on this-

is it ok to mention the below sections in RTI -? found a RTI sample that had the below mentioned.

1). Below Items are for your kind information and consideration

a. As per section 6(3) of the RTI Act 2005, In case, the requested information is held by another public authority,I request the PIO to transfer the application or part of it within FIVE days and immediately inform me about such transfer.

b. As per section 7(3) of the RTI Act 2005, In case, there are further fee required to provide the requested information, I request the PIO to inform me of the additional fee amount along with the calculations made to arrive at the amount.

c. As per section 7(8)(iii) and 7(3)(ii) of the RTI Act 2005, I request the PIO to inform me of the particulars of First Appellate Authority.

d. Section 20(1) of the Central Act allows for the imposition of penalties. Most notably, where a PIO has, without any reasonable cause.

Please avoid Mahabharat , Ramayana etc. in your RTI application.

Please avoid legal language etc...in your RTI application.

Your objective should be to get "information" from the PIO - not to teach him the different sections of the RTI Act 2005.

Please read: Guide to Drafting a Good RTI application