High Security Registration Plate (HSRP) in PUNE

vivgod.pune

Question

vivgod.pune

NOTE : THIS IS 2ND TIME I AM POSTING THIS MESSAGE.

Dear Sir

The below extract is from the website of Ministry of Road Transport and Highways in regards to Vehicle Registration Number Plates.

"On the basis of the recommendations made by the Technical Standing Committee on Central Motor Vehicles Rules, the Central Government had amended rule 50 of the Central Motor Vehicles Rules, 1989, mandating introduction of new High Security Registration Plates, both in respect of new and in-use motor vehicles throughout the country. The relevant Gazette Notifications are G.S.R. 221 (E) dated 28-03-2001, S.O. 814(E) dated 22-08-2001 and S.O. 1041 (E) dated 16-10-2001."

1. http://morth.nic.in/index2.asp?slid=60&sublinkid=31&lang=1&key=plate&n=1

2. http://morth.nic.in/index2.asp?slid=610&sublinkid=337&lang=1&key=plate&n=1

In this regards, I would like to seek following information.

I have booked a new Maruti car with one of the dealers in Pune. We have requested them to provide the High Security Registration Plate (number plate) according to the above GR. However, they are are stating that they do not get such number plates but simple number plates painted in any of the painting shop.

Kindly clarify if this is mandatory for RTO, Pune, Maharashtra to provide me with the HSRP as per government norms/specification.

Regards

Vivek Godbole

3 answers to this question

Prasad GLN

You have to file RTI Application to State Public Information Officer, RTO, Pune, as per prescribed format of application for Maharashtra, remittance of RTI fee of Rs.10/- by affixing court fee stamp on application.

You can seek information as follows:

Information solicited:

1.Please provide the copy of the orders that states the laid down procedure for getting High Security Registration Plan according to notification of Ministry of Road Transport and high ways, --in case of purchase of new cars and also existing vehicles.