Information refused RTI SECTION 7(9)

gaganromi

I have been denied information by university regarding total students appeared in different streams and fees collected under various stream citing RTI section 7(9). I know I will be granted acce

to information if I visit. I want to know how I should/can record the information apart from the photocopy. And tomorrow if I have to use that same information which I will record with my hand, will it be legitimate ? Will it be verified by the office from where I am recording this information.

Any tips you want to give while inspecting the information ?

Thanks

Sent from my vivo V3 using RTI INDIA mobile app

I have been denied information by university regarding total students appeared in different streams and fees collected under various stream citing RTI section 7(9). I know I will be granted acce

to information if I visit. I want to know how I should/can record the information apart from the photocopy. And tomorrow if I have to use that same information which I will record with my hand, will it be legitimate ? Will it be verified by the office from where I am recording this information.

Any tips you want to give while inspecting the information ?

Thanks

Search in Blogs, you can find wonderful blog for conducting inspection.

Sec. 7 (9) can not be stated as denial under RTI Act.

Read complete section thoroughly.

While inspecting you can obtain certified copies by giving such list. They will provide you certified copies as requested.

sec 7(9) cannot be used to deny information; problem arises only when information sought is voluminous and spread out in many offices; bulky registers do not lend themselves to easy xeroxing; under such circumstances, PIO can request the applicant to visit the office and take away the needed information;. if the applicant is serious about getting the information, this is the only way.

----------

Total number of students appeared for FULL SUBJECTS exams

held in 2013-14, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2016-17 for each Semester and Annual exams -

Number of students who got re-appears and failed in their result of FULL SUBJECTS exams

held in 2013-14, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2016-17 (till 14 August,2017) in each Semester and Annual exams

Number of students who applied for re-appear(s)/compartment

in 2013-14 , 2014-15, 2015-16, 2016-17(till 14 August,2017) for each Semester and Annual exams

The dates for all the masters, bachelors and diploma courses on which the full subject exams(in each Semester and Annual ) were concluded and results were declared

in 2013-14, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2016-17(till 14 August,2017)

Provide Re- evaluation form fee and Compartment form fee along with the charges for each subject evaluation or compartment for all the courses

in 2013-14 , 2014-15, 2015-16, 2016-17,2017(April-May exams)

Provide detail of if any rule in Panjab University Handbook or approved by Panjab University that sets a fixed time frame for declaring the results.

Status of reappear/compartment exam results of all B.A. , B.Com. , BBA, M.A., M.Sc. of all semesters. Provide the details of date on which whole result is received by the secrecy branch, the date on which it is prepared & declared by the computer branch and received by the examination branch.

Provide the reasons for delaying the reappear/compartment exam results of all B.A., B.Com. , BBA, M.A., M.Sc. of all semesters.

------------ ----- ---------- ------ ----- ----- ------ --

I sought the above information in RTI, As I discussed earlier it under the thread of refusal of information due to article 7(9) on August 31,2017. So, I decided to meet the PIO today as I received information via email. In meeting he told me frankly that he will not provide this information and blatantly asked me to file the appeal. Further he said that in appeal with appelate he will refuse and not provide the information. I told him that I can inspect under the RTI provisions but he refused. I verbally asked him the reason for denial, is it confidentiality or lack of staff ? He said these are not the reasons.

However he was trying to persuade me through his words to not to go for info by saying you cant change the system, go for big fight. He called RTI a child toy that has been given by the govt. to make citizens happy and enjoy.

In the end I immediately filed for the appeal within minutes.

My query is am I asking the right informartion ?

Asking it in a right way ?

On what grounds he can refuse, refuse even inspection?

What I should be expecting or say it in the Appeal ?

Or should I wait and watch it ?