Regarding role of registered Bequeath(wasiyat) in case of bank account if bank holder is expired and doesnot have any nominee added.

pankaj100

Question

HI All,

I want to know the role of registered bequeath(wasiyat) in case of bank account if bank account holder itself has been expired by the help of RTI.

Actually my father has been expired and there is left one bank account tht does not have added any nominee and bank itself has been locked(dealth lock) in tht account,but he has left registered bequeath(wasiyat) in my favour.

Now, i want to withdraw tht money .So, is there any way tht registered bequeath will help me to withdraw tht money without any issue.

So. Is there any illegal rule to show that bequeath as a proof to bank to resolve tht issue or RTI will help me to know that it is correct or not.

Please guide me.

1 answer to this question

Prasad GLN

The query lacks clarity in dealth lock, bank itself has been locked etc.

As I understand your father is having Bank Account.

There is no nomination in the account

Your father through a testament (will) has bequeathed that Bank amount to you.

Now you wanted to claim that amount as per his will.

Well, if this is your problem is call on Bank manager, and fill the prescribed claim form, hand over notarized will copy, produce your AADHAR identity, and the bank will transfer that amount to you.

This is not RTI issue, and a simple issue that can be settled by calling on the bank, and if Manager is not cooperating by filing complaint in their website, finally a grievance in pgportal may work.