trekker

How to send payment for A4 photocopies as suggested in the RTI reply

Question

trekker

Hi,

I got my response for the RTI. One of the question was asking for certified copy of DPR(Detailed Project Report) and they have said it is 352 pages costing Rs.704. I has filed RTI from Coimbatore.

1> I am not sure if I can get a postal order of this amount. Can I send a Demand Draft from here payable in Gurgaon?

2> Can I instead just ask someone to take the cash to the office and get the DPR in person?

3> Who bears the postal charges if I ask for the copy to be sent to my present address?

Thanks,

Vikas

4 answers to this question

Prasad GLN

Demand draft is also acceptable form of payment to any public authority. One has to follow instructions given by PIO. Rs.100/- postal orders and Rs.5 postal orders are easily available at many post offices and it is not a big task.

It is the duty of PIO to provide the costs to be paid with calculation sheet, and seek mode of remittance. When PIO is silent and if you want it by Regd. Parcel, try to weigh 352 A 4 page and send that amount of stamps + Rs.10/-

karira

Is it a Central Govt PA or a State Govt PA ?

Check the relevant RTI Rules for the Central Govt OR the particular State Govt.

mode of payment of fees is given in those RTI Rules.

You can use any of the modes of payment prescribed in those Rules.

trekker

It is NHAI so Central Gov.

I have just sent a Rs.704 DD with a letter explaining it been in ref to the RTI xxxx payable to "NHAI, Gurgaon"

I did not send postage charges or any other charges.

I hope it will work out.

Prasad GLN

It is OK. But remember in future that all Central Govt. undertakings payment should be made to Accounts officer,....... (in your specific case it is Accounts Officer, NHAI payable at PIO place.