RTI respone contains a missing attachment

jayaura

Question

Hi,

I filed for an RTI query for the procedure to block the aadhar card if a mobile number, email id, or both are not linked with the account. I got the response, but it says the details are attached. But the attachment is missing, and I can see it teared off from the main response letter I received.

What should I do to get the attachment ?

7 answers to this question

Prasad GLN

Go any AADHAR center and seek checking of the entries. You have to visit to AADHAR Center with such identity proofs and give bio metric analysis. After 7 days of such registering your bio metric identity, the system incorporates the details.

RTI is not necessary. You can either get it done through service provider or permanent aadhar centers before Feb,2018

Go any AADHAR center and seek checking of the entries. You have to visit to AADHAR Center with such identity proofs and give bio metric analysis. After 7 days of such registering your bio metric identity, the system incorporates the details.

RTI is not necessary. You can either get it done through service provider or permanent aadhar centers before Feb,2018

Thank you for your response, but I dont quite understand you. I do not want to link any more details to my aadhar card. My question is not how to deal with the aadhar, but to figure out what happened to the attachment which was supposed to be present in my response.

Prasad GLN

You wanted to know what is exactly on your AADHAR record ?

or

to fight out with UIDAI on clerical mistake of not enclosing attachment with a letter ?

As we do not encourage unnecessary, time wasting, expensive correspondence with public authorities, when there is an easy solution available in our hands, the guidance was provided.

We only propose, and the decision is always yours to choose a course of action.

• Moderators
Sunil Ahya

Write a letter back to the PIO saying that, the attachment made to his response is missing and that the PIO may kindly resend the attachment.

For Example:

To,

The Public Information Officer,

Address

Dear Sir,

Subject: RTI Application Dated: XXXX

Ref: Your response Dated: XXXX Bearing Reference No: XXXX (a photocopy enclosed herewith).

With regard to the above referred response, I would like to kindly bring to your notice that, the attachment mentioned in the said response is missing. I would appreciate if you can kindly resend the said attachment.

Enclosed herewith: Your Response Dated: XXXX Bearing Reference No: XXXX

Thanking you,

Yours truly,

Name: XXXX

(RTI Applicant)

By the way, on what date did you receive the PIO's response?

You wanted to know what is exactly on your AADHAR record ?

or

to fight out with UIDAI on clerical mistake of not enclosing attachment with a letter ?

As we do not encourage unnecessary, time wasting, expensive correspondence with public authorities, when there is an easy solution available in our hands, the guidance was provided.

We only propose, and the decision is always yours to choose a course of action.

I do not want to know what exactly is on my aadhar card, because I know it. I want to block my aadhar card, but unable to do so since it is not associated with an email id or phone number. I do not want to add these details either. I went to an aadhar enrolment center and they told they cant do it, or they dont know how to do it.

- - - Updated - - -

Write a letter back to the PIO saying that, the attachment made to his response is missing and that the PIO may kindly resend the attachment.

For Example:

To,

The Public Information Officer,

Address

Dear Sir,

Subject: RTI Application Dated: XXXX

Ref: Your response Dated: XXXX Bearing Reference No: XXXX (a photocopy enclosed herewith).

With regard to the above referred response, I would like to kindly bring to your notice that, the attachment mentioned in the said response is missing. I would appreciate if you can kindly resend the said attachment.

Enclosed herewith: Your Response Dated: XXXX Bearing Reference No: XXXX

Thanking you,

Yours truly,

Name: XXXX

(RTI Applicant)

Thanks you very much for the suggestion.

By the way, on what date did you receive the PIO's response?

A week ago. I received it in my office address while I was unavailable.

• Moderators
Sunil Ahya

Ok, Please note that, RTI is a time bound process and therefore you need to immediately write back to PIO, you may then wait for say a couple of weeks for the PIO to respond, however, if he does not do so, then you need to forthwith file a first appeal with the concerned First Appellate Authority. The time limit for filing first appeal is within 30 days from the date of receipt of the PIO's response by you (i.e. the date on which your office received the PIO's response).

Ok, Please note that, RTI is a time bound process and therefore you need to immediately write back to PIO, you may then wait for say a couple of weeks for the PIO to respond, however, if he does not do so, then you need to forthwith file a first appeal with the concerned First Appellate Authority. The time limit for filing first appeal is within 30 days from the date of receipt of the PIO's response by you (i.e. the date on which your office received the PIO's response).

Thank you very much for the information.