I want to have a copy of service record book of the following government employee

hari om

Question

1. I want to have a copy of service record book of the following government employee (S Court CIVIL APPEAL NO. 7631 OF 2002 Dev Dutt -vs-Union of India & Ors. (allow information to be disclosed from CONFIDENDIAL REPORT )

I had file a complaint against a govet emploeyee supritented for deceleration of duties

commissioner orderd inquiry on 28 dec2016

i have been inq about the progress by mail & personal visit as got all info he has not acted on my complaint till date

when asked for service record under RTI

reply received today as per supreme court judgment 2012 ref , cant disclose the information

KINDLY ADVICE

My rti application information are ambiguous , i in two of the application have already gone on 1st appeal, this too will follow

2. KINDLY REPLY TO MY INFORMATION IN ENGLISH ONLY AS I AM NOT CONVERSANT WITH THE REGIONAL LANGUAGE ( as per rti act reply language can be specified )

They continue reply in regional language , in spite of informing them personally while submitting the application & putting in written

5 answers to this question

Prasad GLN

Your right ends with knowing the out come of Enquiry only, and third party is not concerned as this is internal matter between employer and employee only.

"Deriliction of duties" is a broader term, and if it is concerned with corruption, you can file first appeal with larger public interest cause, which is exempted.

PIO is right as he has to follow official language and when such records are available in that language. PIO need not translate them into English for the sake of providing information to Applicant.

1. I want to have a copy of service record book of the following government employee (S Court CIVIL APPEAL NO. 7631 OF 2002 Dev Dutt -vs-Union of India & Ors. (allow information to be disclosed from CONFIDENDIAL REPORT )

2. Your right ends with knowing the out come of Enquiry only, and third party is not concerned as this is internal matter between employer and employee only.

3 PIO is right as he has to follow official language and when such records are available in that language. PIO need not translate them into English for the sake of providing information to Applicant.

Para wise reply

1.asking for record under the public domain of govt staff , THE PIO DID NOT EVEN SAY HE HAS TAKEN ACTION

2.If derelation say investigate & take action ,COPY OF THE INVESTIGATION REPORT WAS ASKED ,IT TOO WAS NOT PROVIDED

3.Whe asking for information .ALL REPLY IS AMBIGUOUS

4. When asked for document .No info is available

5. when asked to reply in English, PIO ENTIRE LETTER EXCEPT MY ADDRESS IS IN THE REGIONAL LANGUAGE , ITS NO INFORMATION OR REPRODUCING THE INFORMATION IN RTI , IT WAS DRAFTING THE ENTIRE LETTER REPLY IN REGIONAL LANGUAGE,

I had filed my first appel on 17/10/17 reqested to reply me by regpost

my past experience with pio was he bacdaated my reply after 50 day of me filing the applcation & send me info by post ,i was time barred to file my first appeal, i req to condone the delay

THE FIRST APPEAL LETTER WAS SEND DATED 24/10/17 FOR BEING PRESENT FOR HEARING ON 8/11/17

THE LETTER WAS POSTED ON 5/11/17 9 (can see the post stamp on it) IT WAS DELIVERD TO ME ON 10/11/17

I WILL HAVE TO AGAING REQEST FOR DATE SHOWING HIM THE MISCHEF IT WAS POSTED BY THE AUTHORITY LATE , BOTH THE SIDE POST DEPT STAMPING IS OF Novemeber

THE OFFICE IS TRYING TO FRUSTRATE THE RTI APPLICANT , I WILL NOT GIVE UP

PLEASE ADVISE

I AM NOT WITCH HUNTING

NO ACTION FOR MY COMPLAINT IS FRUSTRATING

• Moderators
Sunil Ahya

The PIO will reply in regional language, and this is the standard practice across India with State Public Information Officers. The best way forward is to get it translated or to learn to translate it yourself (if you intend to file further RTIs).

For Example, in Maharashtra State:

RTI Application can be filed in English language - The PIO will reply in Marathi language.

First Appeal can be filed in English language - The First Appellate Authority will pass his order in Marathi language.

Second Appeal can be filed in English language - The State Information Commission will give its order in Marathi language.

Thank you Mr Sunil

The information of the service record book which had asked for came after i wrote to give me the fact finding done

nor did they reply to the fact , nor did they investigate , just forwarded the complaint to another 3 pio say reply , this is on going since my first rti application & they keep replying ambiguously , on receiving no reply , have app lead too , but not helpng much , time of 7 month passed by for simple action of information, as no action taken just asked for action , the pio is a public servant if he dosent , or the authority cant give information of tax payer work , how is it the internal matter

if its black we say black

if white say white .

only grey is the answer