Jump to content
  • 0

How to get Gazatte Notifications




Hi Experts


I want to know whom to file RTI to get Gazatte Notifications of Andhra Pradesh state. I tried sending to AP Secretariat, Velagapudi, but the RP/AD got returned back, with 'Insufficient Address' as reason.




Link to post
Share on other sites

5 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
Prasad GLN

First search their website, find out the correct address to locate Public Information officer who can provide that gazette publication. Search google with key words "Get copies of AP State Gazette notifications"

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Yes Prasad, I did search on the site first. It is very barebones and no info about RTI is available there.

Also checked below

AP Government Portal - Official Andhra Pradesh State Govt. Portal

Andhra Pradesh State Chief Minister Office - Official AP State Government Portal | AP State Portal






Anyways, i wanted to get a copy of that legislation that made Section 498A a compoundable offence in Andhra Pradesh. Not sure if approaching legislative assembly PIO is what I should do.


Please share your opinion. Thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

For AP gazettes from June 2014 (AP State bifurcation) onwards, one can contact the Govt Regional Printing press at Vijayawada.

For all earlier gazettes, we can contact below office.

The Public Information Officer (U/RTI Act, 2005)

O/o the Commissioner of Printing, Stationery & Stores Purchase (Printing Wing) Department,

Chanchalguda, Hyderabad, Telangana State -500 099

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Prasad GLN

The one thing I failed to understand is that Gazette notifications must be available with all public authorities.

I was hither to thinking that all such gazette notifications are uploaded in Govt.Press websites, and one can search on relevant notification with a search on subject.

I still do not find out the exact reasons for return of your registered envelope.

In case of doubts, always write the Dept., name only on envelope. (Not SPIO or APIO or FAA)

The delivery status can be tracked through indiapost

Once some one receives, it becomes his obligation to send that application to relevant PIO.

This response is in general for all such queries of returning RTI Applications.

The 'Never" thing to be followed is never write names of SPIO and address application to SPIO designated only.


One should appreciate your involvement, you have to come with a query, and after finding suitable solutions, once again posting the reply on your own, with a desire to help others. That must be the spirit, and every member should follow such procedure of reporting back and posting as to how he secured such information, so that other members that approach in future may derive benefit out of such response / success story.


I personally feel that information can also be provided by Police stations. (At IG level, they have separate Legal dept)

1)Please provide me the gazette notification that makes IPC 498a as compoundable offence.


Before that also search in google with key words: IPC 498 compoundable offence.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Tell a friend

    Love RTI INDIA- Online RTI? Tell a friend!
  • Members

    No members to show

  • Forum Statistics

    • Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Recently Browsing

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy