Can Personal details be asked in an RTI like name & address etc.

ssraghav

Question

I am drafting an RTI application to obtained information from HPSC (Haryana Public Service Commission). I want to know on following points :-

1. Can I ask for personal details (Like Name, address, Roll Number etc) of candidates who faced interview ?

2.Can I ask for copy of answer sheet for screening test of all candidates who appeared in interview ? Can HPSC shared it ?

3.Can I ask for educational certificates and other related document for all the concerned candidates ?

Requesting to all respected senior members to clarify my doubts point wise.

1 answer to this question

Prasad GLN

There is no bar in RTI Act for seeking any information under RTI Act for citizens.

It is the duty of PIO to either provide the information or deny information stating such exemption and justification as per RTI Act.

At the most the List of candidates called for is not personal information but answer sheets and educational certificates are personal information.

If you can establish larger public interest like corruption, malpractices, irregularities, fraud there are no exemptions and information must be provided.