Under Declaration column while filling FA Clarification required.

vkgarg

Question

While filling First Appeal following Declaration is required as told to me

"I also declare that this matter is not previously filled with any information commission nor is pending with any court or tribunal or authority."

So my submission is that on 30/10/2017 has filled a RTI to SPIO of New Delhi Municipal Council regarding disbursement of my arrears consequent upon implementation of DTL scales as per my Office Order issued on 02/06/2016,as no payment was recieved by me therefore, RTI was filled me. Since no reply was recieved within stipulated period and in mean time I and other 25 colleague has filled a petition in Central Administration Tribunal vide OA No.3735/2017, and got the orders in our favour. The tribunal bench has directed to New Delhi Municipal Council to release our arrears within 3 months of the orders prounace. So far New Delhi Municipal Council has to comply with by January 2018.

Therefore I need advice on following points in such circumstances

1: Can I file First Appeal with out above declaration.

2: Since SPIO have not finished reply within stipulated time frame then should I filled my FA with the stipulated declaration.

3: Any other course of action.

Thanks

2 answers to this question

Prasad GLN

The first lesson for learning RTI is purchasing an Act published in your mother tongue with your own State and central rules and regulations. The second one always opening website of Public authority to know their rules and regulations and to locate Correct PIO and FAA over that PIO (When there are several PIOs and FAAs in same authority)

In many states there is no prescribed format for first appeal with such declaration.

In your case, NDMC is under Central rules, and there is no such prescribed first appeal format to my knowledge, with due respect to the person who told you.

Try to use simple format in case of NDMC.

First Apppeal dt.17th Dec,2017 under RTI Act filed

Before: First Appellate Authority, NDMC, New Delhi.

Against: CPIO, NDMC, New Delhi.

Appellant:................

Grounds for Appeal: CPIO has neither provided information nor denied information stating such reasons for denial with such justification as required, within 30 days of receipt of Application dt. 30-10-2017. Hence treating the information as deemed denial this first Apeal.

PRAYER: Appellant prays for directions to CPIO for providing information as expeditiously as possible free of cost.

Appellant.