vkgarg

Question

Happy New year to all.

Sir,

I would like to know that is it necessary to compliance the 'Notice For Hearing' issued by Director (Fiananc) 1st Appeallat Authority under RTI Act 2005. Where as I filled First Appeal as aggrieved by no reply of PIO within 45 days after filling my RTI application.

In my application to FAA requested that the PIO may be directed to furnish information requested as available in files as possible free of cost.

Surprisingly a letter has been received by me by directing me to appear before (Finance)on 04.01.2018 at 3 PM.

Therefore in such circumstances should I attend the hearing as already in my application requested No personal Presence at hearing.

Is there any law on such situations.

Please help me out.

Thanks

3 answers to this question

Prasad GLN

If you want information, it is better to attend atleast one such hearing and show your face to them that you are not extortionist and a citizen. You will be coming to know of their functioning and it is always better to respond one to one. Now that there was already an order, you can get information in person as PIO is supposed to place status on FAA orders. Make it convenient as it shows your sincerity for getting that information If not just send polite response and do not blame any one tomorrow if you have to go for second appeal.

It is not mandatory to appear for First Appeal Hearing.