Layout for particular survey number(not fmb sketch) in Chennai

Ravi2911

May I get a layout sketch for an unapproved plots for a particular survey number by applying in RTI? Say survey number 55, madavilagam village, Poonamallee taluk. Taluk office they provide only Fmb sketch, not layout is available there or they seems to not giving. Is there anything really called "Panchayat approved" layout? How can I apply RTI for getting layout for a survey number under Poonamallee taluk?

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using RTI INDIA mobile app

Prasad GLN

There is a designated development authority that provides sanctions/approvals to those Grama Panchayat near the city's boundaries specifying the extent of such jurisdiction. You can orally make inquiries in Grama Panchayat and get their address. They can provide you lay out approval copy and such extent.

The particular survey number I mentioned comes under cmda approval layouts not dtcp. I asked about the local public authority and for layout approval copy under my village Panchayat. They told the survey numbers in my location were not approved and they don't have any approval layouts sketch. There are many residential in my area, we are paying house tax. Till no one got cmda approval in my survey number. When I asked revenue department or Taluk, they too don't have any layouts apart from fmb sketch for that survey number. They told to get it from primary land promoter to whom that whole survey number belongs. But couldn't find any info. But there were many individual plots registered in that particular layout with proper patta. So I believe there must be a approved layout in revenue department, without which they can't be divided. How can I seek help for this layout approval through RTI?

There is a designated development authority that provides sanctions/approvals to those Grama Panchayat near the city's boundaries specifying the extent of such jurisdiction. You can orally make inquiries in Grama Panchayat and get their address. They can provide you lay out approval copy and such extent.

The particular survey number I mentioned comes under cmda approval layouts not dtcp. I asked about the local public authority and for layout approval copy under my village Panchayat. They told the survey numbers in my location were not approved and they don't have any approval layouts sketch. There are many residential in my area, we are paying house tax. Till no one got cmda approval in my survey number. When I asked revenue department or Taluk, they too don't have any layouts apart from fmb sketch for that survey number. They told to get it from primary land promoter to whom that whole survey number belongs. But couldn't find any info. But there were many individual plots registered in that particular layout with proper patta. So I believe there must be a approved layout in revenue department, without which they can't be divided. How can I seek help for this layout approval through RTI?

Prasad GLN

Except CMDA, no one can sanction approval lay out. Those constructions might be by seeking permission from GP, and the revenue dept at the most may provide conversion of land permission and not lay out approval. Select one or two cases, file RTI Applications to GP on those houses built and seek approval copies.

But in my case, there are encroachment issues between individual plots in that survey number. I applied for transfer of patta to my particular individual plot, where surveyor informed me about encroachment by my neighbour where his plot seems to be a road according to documents. Surveyor informs he will give patta only for land which we occupied, but not for correct measurement as per my document. Gov. surveyor giving me a NOC form to accept that condition, only then he will issue me patta. I believe it seems not be a gov. form, in it there is a statement that I should not approach court in future. I don't know whether its a legal form, and my advocate informed me not to sign it. But surveyor mentioning for unapproved plots with encroachment issue they ll issue patta only by getting signed in that NOC form. I can't even file a civil suit, without having patta or layout sketch for my survey number. Village Panchayat and Taluk ofc not responding.. Seeking help in this regard. Thank you for your previous reply and time.

Prasad GLN

When you are working already towards a remedy, those who are not having even idea of facts can not further guide you, and beyond ambit of RTI Act. The thread you have opened is on Lay out permission and it has lead to your personal issue of encroachment etc.... The surveyor can only guide you.

Thanks for the prompt reply. For Approval copies or land permission to whom I need to file RTI application? Either to GP(Village Panchayat Board) or Revenue department?

I agree, surveyor is guiding me. But I believe no government authorities are authorised to get statement from a civilian, that we should not approach court in future. I don't have a clear idea of issue of patta for unapproved plots by surveyor.

• 5 weeks later...

I think that a layout is a visual explanation. And it’ll be much easier to tell about your idea or problem by using it. You can try to create and introduce it.

Prasad GLN

Lay out permission is always with a Development Authority that has to implement .  However, when such development authority comes into existence, smart village officials , provide approvals with back date.  In case of agricultural land and conversion Revenue dept., is proper authority.  In case of construction permission and lay out approval development authority is the concerned.  In case of doubts file  RTI Application to CMDA.  Please search website for format of application, locate PIO and pay fees as prescribed.  Without just continuing inquiries, move an inch in implementing single sentence of guidance if you are sincere in getting a remedy.