Non receiving of RTI after 30 days of application.

Dear Sir,

Referring to the subject as mentioned, I have put the application in the Government department for more than 30 days till date and not yet receiving the information nor even any reply by the office to me.

Can you please give me some suggestions regarding this matter and what is the next step do i have to go for this based according to the RTI Act 2005.

Thanking you.

Sent from my HTC Desire 526GPLUS dual sim using RTI INDIA mobile app

Prasad GLN

The first step in learning RTI is to read the Acts 6,7,8 and 19. Down load RTI Act either from the forum or purchase a book in your mother tongue for Rs.60/-.

Search website of the dept., find out the name of FAA, file first appeal on grounds of deemed denial of information. Follow the format prescribed if any as stated in their website. A simple format is provided herebelow. Wait for 40 days from date of posting of RTI.

First Appeal dt.... under RTI.

Before: First Appellate Authority,..................

Against: Public Information officer,................

Appellant:

Grounds for Appeal: Appellant has filed RTI Application dt............and PIO has neither provided information nor denied information within 30 days of receipt of application as stipulated under RTI Act. Treating the information as deemed denial this first appeal.

PRAYER: Appellant prays for directions to PIO for providing information as expeditiously as possible free of cost. An explanation may be called from PIO for his negligence towards statutory obligations.

Appellant.

Encl: Xerox copy of RTI Application with service proof pasted on back of this appeal.

Prasad GLN

Do not hurry to respond, because the posting and guidance are free. Please go through every word given as guidance. The applicant only has to file first and second appeal himself. After following guidance, then seek clarification.