The threat is being given, Due to filling of RTI application. And even I am Not able to file a police complain.

combat

Question

The threat is being given, Due to the information sought under the Right to Information Act, my RTI application got them scared as it could expose their fraud in handling funds. I will be posting more details about what and where Information requested etc later, because right now I do not feel desirable to post it here, because they can identify me or recognize my next step.

And even I cannot file a complaint with police against them. Because the threat is indirectly being given from the people I know. And they are trying to convince me that I should have to withdraw the application. Otherwise I will have to face the consequences of this. And they are trying to involve me in a false case and are trying to kill my RTI applications.

Also a majority of people are with them because they all have done fraud. As well as police are also with them. Because all these people drink and dinner together. So, they will try to involve me in a false case by planning, I am afraid of the fact that I have already given an RTI application in the police station for getting a copy of a fake complaint filed against me. At that time, the police replied me you not to try teach us law lesson. they’re angry with me. However, I request you to guide me in the next step.

The topic of rti has now become a struggle to bring out a truth for me.

11 answers to this question

• Super Moderator

Without knowing what were the contents of your RTI application, most replies / suggestions you get will be theoretical in nature.

Prasad GLN

Those who can financially, physically, morally sound and enjoy influence can only resort to RTI. This is not a money making profession. There are umpteen ways of using that information through guidance from other Activists media. Family life and personal life are important to a common man, as these scams are neither new nor a permanent solution can be found in India. It is the duty of Government departments to protect their own finances against such corrupt officials. A dog has do it's duty and a donkey has to perform it's duty. Because, dog is not doing it's duty, a poor donkey can not take the authority of Dog even knowing about the thief in his master's house.

These names, publicity stunts, reputation if any through such revelations are purely temporarily and forgotten by Public. These may bring temporary content, satisfaction and happiness and permanently impair the prospects of common men.

There is no need for me to make money in such a way. Neither do I need to try these ways to earn money. I know very well that this is not money making profession. And I do not believe that anyone can make money in such a way. Here, I discuss here for better understanding of the rights of information and to solve the problem that arises. I agree with your opinion that Family life and personal life are important to a common man. at the same time i do not agree with your sentence that Those who can financially, physically, morally sound and enjoy influence can only resort to RTI. Do you think that even poor and rare elements should not even try to get justice? But if someone is particularly unjustified in society, then it is necessary to raise someone's voice against such evil forces. And for him, I think he needs to be promoted and inspired, than discouraging him.

Edited by combat
Prasad GLN

First of all, please understand that any post in the forum is not related your thread alone, and it is a general advice for each and every one who with immaturity wish to take this as social work, with high ideals and more values.

But, they fail to understand the practical system and the power politics, and ultimately a common innocent man is left alone to fight a cause in which he is not earning or interested.

This is the specific reason experts always advising look before your leap, do not underestimate opponent, and have over confidence on your abilities.

Finally, for fighting for a public interest clause, the innocent and those who are eager to contribute society becomes the victim.

Now, there should be enough planning as to how to expose them, without involving in person and that procedure has to be followed.

In this forum, we welcome and encourage such sincere and honest persons, but at the same time we request them to take precautions perceiving the likely repurcussion and personal/family safety.

Please go through my post, and we never intend even to hurt any member at any cost and when we have to hurt, we remain silent and do not respond, as we are not going to win any friend for speaking the bitter truth.

Thanks for understanding what I mean.

Actually, the purpose of starting my thread was that I would get an opinion about the situation mentioned in my first post.

Prasad GLN

At the cost of repetition, I reiterate that this forum never encourages every one to fight against mighty public authorities.

It only ensures that before stepping into the arena remember your strengths, weakness and the other party's money and influence.

Wear such armor and equip yourself with such fighting equipment not only to protect yourself but also fight with new tools, getting support from others like media, like minded persons and never underestimate your opponent.

The country was infested with such things even before you were born and continue even if we are gone.

Jump only if you can afford and sustain in the fight.

Individual's value is more important to his family and in a great country, sacrifices are common, today or tomorrow those pests can be killed, but no one can replace you in your family. Realize what is suggested.

• Moderators
Sunil Ahya

Have you sought information in the form of documents or have you leveled allegations and assumptions in the application?

• Super Moderator

Please share your RTI application (by uploading it OR copy/pasting it) in this thread so that our members can guide you correctly.

Have you sought information in the form of documents or have you leveled allegations and assumptions in the application?

Yes I have asked for a certified copy in the form of document.

- - - Updated - - -

Please share your RTI application (by uploading it OR copy/pasting it) in this thread so that our members can guide you correctly.

My dear friends, I'm too excited to share an application. And I would love to do that. But as already mentioned in my post number #1, "I will be posting more details about what and where Information requested etc later", I just will not do it right now. I do not feel desirable to post it here, because they can identify me as well as my Tactics or recognize my next step. That's why always I just only asked for an opinion to solve the problems that arise.

Yes it's right. I agree with your opinion. But at present I do not have any other option. Because everyone knows that rattindia is the only portal on internet that offers the opinions of experts regarding rti. I have had also seen that, many public information officers also refer rtiindia.org And according to Prasad Sir, "do not underestimate opponent". Hence, It is possible that the opponent is also surfing on every subject in this forum. So I have avoided direct debate. That's why I asked only for specific issues that arises. as example as mentioned in the thread subject title itself.