momita

"Forwarding CPIO" to be punished if there is no reply

momita

Reply saying "RTI application was forwarded to someone” is no information and it amounts deemed refusal of the CPIO, who forwarded it and to who it was forwarded if information was not given.

When one organization like EPFO has many CPIOs it is the duty of each CPIO to ensure that someone would furnish the information, if not the forwarding CPIO along with concerned CPIO shall be liable for penalty.

CIC also recorded that It seems the "entire RTI wing does not realise their duty to furnish certified copies to the applicants as per RTI Act and do not understand that website cannot give the certified copies".

Decision is attached.

2018-01-25-181609157024.pdf

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Shree Vathsan
      By Shree Vathsan
      I had filed 3 RTIs asking for DPR of Madurai Smart City projects. They have denied information saying it has Drawing, Elevation, Plan, Section, DPR, Estimate, Structural Drawing, Note File & Current File , Agreement, Bidder furnished bid document  and is more than 1000 pages and is voluminous information.
      However I have specifically asked for information in electronic form like CD. 
      They have also quoted a State Information Commission SA-11683/2016 dated 02.02.2017 order stating that information supplying which causes hurdles in day to day functioning of office is exempted.

Sent from my SM-J510FN using RTI INDIA mobile app

• damodard29
      By damodard29
      I need to know all the RTI laws and sections under which cpio/spio and PIO and also FAA and CIC,  should not reject the information towards the government employee regarding his education qualification details, moveable and immovable property returns as per the record from his govt office to be made public whenever its been seeked by any citizen of India Being suspect to be forged. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy