upper flat Bathroom leakage - Expenses whom to bear

Guest hemanth singh yendluru

Question

Guest hemanth singh yendluru

Hello Sir/Madam- Due to bathroom leakage in my upper flat, my bathroom ceiling is getting spoiled. I took it to my apartment association, they suggested my upper flat owners to bear the expenses and repair its due their bathroom leakage am facing issue. They agreed initially , but they have been postponing since 6 months. Now they are asking me to bear 50% of expense cost.

Questions below which i would like to know.

who should actually bear these expenses?

If upper flat owner has to bear complete cost and he denies it, whom should i approach to get it done?

Thanks,

Hemanth Singh

1 answer to this question

Prasad GLN

Hemanth garu,

This forum is dedicated for guiding citizens in seeking information from public authorities under RTI Act.

Members of the forum are not competent to offer such replies to questions such as "Who should bear these expenses " etc in case of personal issues in an apartment which is under a society / association of flat owners.

We are living in a society and should co-exist peacefully, and as owners can not change apartments every year, one should maintain cordial relations. Let Association/society take the lead and rule as to who should bear the expenses.

If your bath room ceiling is getting spoiled, and if the other party, who has no sense of as to how other is suffering due to his negligence have no concern, what any one can do.

Protecting our own property is the main concern. May be it is our curse, to get such an unconcerned and a neighbour that can not understand other's issues.

Let the association decide the issue and comply with such decision.

or if you wanted to legally fight it out through Courts and spoil your peace in a Home, there are many forums that can offer ready guidance and the untold thing is that the costs involved in getting justice after a delayed period is a fraction of your present share of 50% share in expenses. (Ceiling belongs to you, floor belongs to the other)