I didn’t receive satisfactory answer from CPIO and my 2nd appeal got rejected by CIC for time related issue.

Guest rabindra1956

Question

8 answers to this question

Prasad GLN

Sorry,

Images are not clear.

Please post facts in brief.

What was exactly solicited ?

What was PIO response,

Whether filed First Appeal ?

When was second appeal filed and specific reason for rejection ?

Value the importance of time of other members, as members may not be interested to go all through those images and guide as it may take more than half an hour to read all this.

Guest rabindra1956

Thank you Sir for your response on this and it is my sincere apology for troubling you here.

I have written down all my queries below and I hope it would suffice to convey my grief.

I am Mr. Rabindra Nath Nayak resident of Rautarapur, Jajpur Town, Odisha, Pin 755001 approached

Allahabad bank, Mangalapur, Jajpur, Odisha (ALLA0211024) for the educational loan of my daughter Tapanwita Nayak.

Tapanwita Nayak studies MBBS in a private institution named Hi-Tech Medical College and Hospital Bhubaneswar, Odisha and is in her 5th year. As part of her college fee, she got amount 1950000 sanctioned by the Bank. She had received 1850000 and yet to get 100000. The amount had to be paid in the beginning of her 4th year and she did not receive it on time. Since then I have been approaching bank for the rest of the amount and not receiving any concrete response. I was told by the bank that I will be paying the interest on the whole amount i.e. 1950000.

Loan Account No: 50170465049

Then I visited Bhubaneswar main branch and I was told that the amount is withheld by the Upper branch which is in Mumbai. The answer varied in different occasion of my visit as I was told it was a mistake by the bank manager in Mumbai and the amount is pending there. Once it gets released from there, they will be able to pay. I could not contact the head office Mumbai and sought help of RTI on this matter.

I filed my RTI application on 15/06/2017, RTI ALDBK/R/2017/80014. I didn’t get any response from CPIO within 30 days of receipt of the application.

Concerned CPIO K M K Brahmanandam

Then I sought help of 1st Appellate Authority (Vikash Kumar, General Manager, FGMO(South), Hyderabad). I filed my 1st appeal on 14/07/2017, ALDBK/A/2017/60035. 1st Appellate Authority directed CPIO to respond my query and the reply document was dated 28/07/2017.

Then on 03/11/2017, I got reply from CPIO stating “Due to Administrative reason” which was unsatisfactory to me.

a) What is the administrative reason stopping bank to pay the sanctioned amount on time?

b) Why can’t it be resolved by the bank?

c) If bank doesn’t pay the amount, why am I supposed to pay interest on the whole amount?

d) Why can’t bank share the detailed information with customer

Being helpless, I approached CIC to look into the issue and I submitted 2nd appeal with CIC ( Diary no: 610158) on 23-01-2018. The application got rejected because it was not filed within 90 days of the receipt of the reply from 1st appellate authority (28/07/2017). I was waiting for CPIO to respond as directed by 1st appellate Authority which I received on 3/11/2017.

Kindly take a look at this and suggest me on this.

Yours faithfully ,Rabindra Nath Nayak

Sent from my iPhone using RTI INDIA

Prasad GLN

Immediately issue a notice under CP Act to Bank demanding for release of the balance loan as expeditiously as possible.

Notice dt.1st Feb, 2018 under CP Act.

To Manager,

Allahabad Bank,

I, ...........................s/o...............aged............residing at.............................herein after referred complainant issue notice as under.

The complainant is a student of .....year of MBBS and is now in final year of study at............................ Complainant availed a sanctioned ..............Loan, and as per agreement, Bank has to disburse the fees to College for Academic year...................... Complaint is a bonafide borrower of the Bank and availed Finance for higher studies. A sum of Rs.1,00,000/- has yet to be released, towards final installment to the borrower.

Borrower has approached the Bank several times for releasing of final installment, but Bank has miserably failed to release final installment and harassing the student borrower. The complaint is subjected to mental torture and hrassment, as final installment was neither released nor bank is stating any possible reason for withholding such installment and such regulation that permits them to withdraw the facility suddenly without notice.

There is deficiency of service towards a student prosecuting higher studies by a Public Sector undertaking. The actions of bank are arbitrary and high handed.

This notice is being issued for releasing the final installment as per sanction terms and conditions within a week, failing which the complainant has to take up the issue seeking huge compensation legally through proper forum.

Complainant.

Also file fresh RTI Application under LIFE OR LIBERTY CLAUSE. Wait for one week after posting and then file First Appeal immediately once again under LIFE or LIBERTY CLAUSE. Wait for another week, and after exactly 15 days file fresh second appeal direct to CIC under LIFE or Liberty clause and pray for hearing as expeditiously as possible, in view of the urgency.

Information solicited:

1)Please inform the reasons for unreasonable delay in releasing final installment of loan towards payment of Medical college fees.

2)Please inform action take so far to several representations from borrower for release of the final installment.

3)Please provide statement of account, disclosing various interest charged from time to time.

4)Please provide certified copy of every document concerned that states that branch has made efficient follow up for redressal of customer complaint.

Also file this as grievance in their on line portal.

That means you have to act in 3 ways.

Guest rabindra1956

Thank you very much Sir for the detailed information. I will take necessary action mentioned by you and post it here the happenings.

Prasad GLN

Remember the Format is one, and the grievance/complaint alone has to be changed.

(Infact this is a case to be referred to Banking Ombudsman and to RBI--through pgportal)

Guest rabindra1956

Hi Sir,

I submitted fresh RTI application today mentioning section 7 (1) of RTI act in the application header. While applying online, I didn’t get any option to select section 7(1). I hope the content in the application will suffice. I do remember that there was one option to select from various options , one is - is it affecting the life or liberty of complaint. That is missing now in online filing format. As mentioned by you I will wait 5 days before I file my 1st appeal. Thank you very much

Prasad GLN

Also send hard copy by Speed post to-day itself by Writing LIFE or LIBERTY CLAUSE in bold, underline, bigger fonts. Unless you write that clause, CPIO may neglect. Also file another copy on line in bank website as Extra copy. Post this in Bank's website (NOTICE)