Denial of personal information by PIO ARMY CITING reasons exemption under Sec 8 (1)(J)of RTI Act 2005

vinod_kumar888

Question

vinod_kumar888

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am requesting all to seek information and guidance on a issue of personal information on effect on my career based on inputs by superior officer in his personal capacity which has almost damaged my complete future career perspectives. Details are as under.

2. I was serving in an operational area and was doing outstandingly well which was endorsed in my all confidential reports by my superiors. However in between new superior took charge and everything was alright for a month. After which I proceeded for a training course of three months. In between my this superior has made a written communication to higher authorities for my premature move without any justification,reasons or information to me that is also when in my absence also my team was still doing outstandingly well. I was posted out immediately on my return from the training. I had been asking for reasons from this superior officer through written correspondence, however he has not responded though acknowledged receipt of my letters.

3. Accordingly I filed a RTI to the office of this superior seeking information on any correspondence on recommendations for my transfer, in response to my RTI query I was told by the said office that no such record is available in official files. this further strengthens my belief that this case was taken up in personal capacity by the superios.

4. Accordingly I filed RTI to Army Headquarters for info on the circumstances leading to my premature posting from operational area without any info or justification since it has damaged my career beyond repair. In reply to my query the concerned section at Army Headquarters has replied the following while rejecting my application:

"Applicant's posting was ordered by the competent authority based on organisational interest. Further,internal notes/notings are protected from disclosure under the RTI Act,2005 as has been held by CIC Orders,No CIC/PB/A/2007/00373 dated 14 Jun 2007,No CIC/AT/C/2008/00025 dated 27 Jul 2009 AND nO CIC/LS/000652 dated 30 Jul 2010. Further,information sought is totally personal and does not justify any larger public interest and hence is protected from disclosure ,under Sec 8(1)(J) of the RTI Act 2005"

5. Now with these rulings and statements I dont know what to do since likely to get same reply from CPIO or Appellate Authority.

6. Request please guide since it has damaged my career without any justification and in absence of specific inputs I am not able to seek redressal from the competent authority, courts or Armed Forces Tribunal,

looking forward for guidance and help

regards

vinod

3 answers to this question

Prasad GLN

Mr.

Vind you are Army Personnel, and aware of the fact that transfer is at the discretion of your employer, and even Supreme Court could not involve in these issues between employer and employee and influence prerogative of the employer.

By knowing the reasons, you can not do anything against your superiors.

At every place, a sincere employee can bring change and development, and a sincere employee never grumbles or cares for the attitude of his superiors, as there are several persons with different bent of minds.

Nothing is lost in your career. To me , it appears that all these are just your apprehensions and you are unnecessarily suspecting and disturbing your personal life and frustrated on simple issue of transfer.

The training may be only for posting you at a different place and use your services on giving proper training.

You can not change any thing or change yourself. Change must bring within.

Focus on your work with same sincerity as all superiors may not be the same, and you may get better ranking and after one or two years, you might feel that this posting is God given, no one can see into your future. All is for your betterment and destiny.

NOT RTI ISSUE. Please do not irritate and spoil your career with those RTI Applications as ARMY PIO thinks that filing RTI application as an irritant issue by employee.

vinod_kumar888
Mr.

Vind you are Army Personnel, and aware of the fact that transfer is at the discretion of your employer, and even Supreme Court could not involve in these issues between employer and employee and influence prerogative of the employer.

At every place, a sincere employee can bring change and development, and a sincere employee never grumbles or cares for the attitude of his superiors, as there are several persons with different bent of minds.

Nothing is lost in your career. To me , it appears that all these are just your apprehensions and you are unnecessarily suspecting and disturbing your personal life and frustrated on simple issue of transfer.

The training may be only for posting you at a different place and use your services on giving proper training.

Focus on your work with same sincerity as all superiors may not be the same, and you may get better ranking and after one or two years, you might feel that this posting is God given, no one can see into your future. All is for your betterment and destiny.

NOT RTI ISSUE. Please do not irritate and spoil your career with those RTI Applications as ARMY PIO thinks that filing RTI application as an irritant issue by employee.

Dear Prasad Sir

1.Thanks for your prompt response and advice.

2. sir i have not highlighted the other connected issues and supporting documents against this injustice done to me..however just to summarise want to state that I am not representing against my posting as the issue is of two years old and i have already completed my next tenure with success. Issue of concern is the negative or adverse inputs which were provided by that superior resulting into my premature transfer from the operational area. these inputs will always remain in my personal file at army headquarters and will always affect my future postings and promotion to the extent that if I dont get redressal there will be no promotion which is evident from the latest released merit of my batch.

3. I dont have any choice left except representation to seek redressal for which i need the info on these inputs.

4. Accordingly may I know if there are some rulings of CIC or courts permitting personal information be provided to the applicant from internal files or notings.

looking for guidance please

regards

vinod

- - - Updated - - -

s an irritant issue by employee.

Dear Prasad Sir

1.Thanks for your prompt response and advice.

2. sir i have not highlighted the other connected issues and supporting documents against this injustice done to me..however just to summarise want to state that I am not representing against my posting as the issue is of two years old and i have already completed my next tenure with success. Issue of concern is the negative or adverse inputs which were provided by that superior resulting into my premature transfer from the operational area. these inputs will always remain in my personal file at army headquarters and will always affect my future postings and promotion to the extent that if I dont get redressal there will be no promotion which is evident from the latest released merit of my batch.

3. I dont have any choice left except representation to seek redressal for which i need the info on these inputs.

4. Accordingly may I know if there are some rulings of CIC or courts permitting personal information be provided to the applicant from internal files or notings.

looking for guidance please

regards

vinod

Multi-Quote This Message

Denial of personal information by PIO ARMY CITING reasons exemption under Sec 8 (1)(J)of RTI Act 2005

G.L.N. Prasad said:

Today 12:37 PM

Re: Denial of personal information by PIO ARMY CITING reasons exemption under Sec 8 (1)(J)of RTI Act 2005

Mr.

Multi-Quote This Message

vinod_kumar888 said:

Views: 62 | Today 07:25 AM

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am requesting all to seek information and guidance on a issue of personal information on effect on my career based on inputs by superior officer in his personal capacity which has almost damaged my complete future career perspectives. Details are as under.

2. I was serving in an operational area and was doing outstandingly well which was endorsed in my all confidential reports by my superiors. However in between new superior took charge and everything was alright for a month. After which I proceeded for a training course of three months. In between my this superior has made a written communication to higher authorities for my premature move without any justification,reasons or information to me that is also when in my absence also my team was still doing outstandingly well. I was posted out immediately on my return from the training. I had been asking for reasons from this superior officer through written correspondence, however he has not responded though acknowledged receipt of my letters.

3. Accordingly I filed a RTI to the office of this superior seeking information on any correspondence on recommendations for my transfer, in response to my RTI query I was told by the said office that no such record is available in official files. this further strengthens my belief that this case was taken up in personal capacity by the superios.

4. Accordingly I filed RTI to Army Headquarters for info on the circumstances leading to my premature posting from operational area without any info or justification since it has damaged my career beyond repair. In reply to my query the concerned section at Army Headquarters has replied the following while rejecting my application:

"Applicant's posting was ordered by the competent authority based on organisational interest. Further,internal notes/notings are protected from disclosure under the RTI Act,2005 as has been held by CIC Orders,No CIC/PB/A/2007/00373 dated 14 Jun 2007,No CIC/AT/C/2008/00025 dated 27 Jul 2009 AND nO CIC/LS/000652 dated 30 Jul 2010. Further,information sought is totally personal and does not justify any larger public interest and hence is protected from disclosure ,under Sec 8(1)(J) of the RTI Act 2005"

5. Now with these rulings and statements I dont know what to do since likely to get same reply from CPIO or Appellate Authority.

6. Request please guide since it has damaged my career without any justification and in absence of specific inputs I am not able to seek redressal from the competent authority, courts or Armed Forces Tribunal,

looking forward for guidance and help

regards

vinod

Multi-Quote This Message

Answer

Follow this topic…

Log Out Full Site Top

Prasad GLN

As far as the denial is concerned, this information can not be denied under RTI, as you are affected party, victim and they are bound to provide those office notes if any. May be, you may get a good decision only if you can present your part before IC.

All the best.