Second Appeal not implemented.

vijay_nathani

Question

vijay_nathani

I had filed an RTI on 3-Nov-2016. It was not answered satisfactorily.

I filed my first appeal on 13-Dec-2016. It was not answered.

I filed my second appeal on 2-Feb-2017. During the hearing on 13-Mar-2018, the CIC ruled that I should be given the information that I had requested.

I waited to get my information for a few weeks, but did not get the same. I sent an email  to RTI officer, First Appellate authority(FAA) and CIC. I did not receive any reply from RTI and FAA. The CIC told me that RTI officer had filed a compliance report with CIC.

I told the CIC in multiple emails, during last few weeks, that the CIC order was not implemented. I did not get the information that CIC commissioner had ordered during the second appeal.

But now there is  no answer from CIC. Now what should I do?

My RTI exposes a fraud at a government organization. Multiple managers are involved in this fraud. So there is motivation to not give me this information.

1 answer to this question

Prasad GLN

It is just a game, and many smart PIOs play this game using CIC as a tool and making mockery of RTI Act.

Now file File fresh RTI Application and seek information as follows:

Brief facts: Compliance of CIC decision no......

Information solicited:

1)Please provide me certified copy of information provided to appellant in terms of CIC order No..........as it was not received by appellant.

2.Please provide the name of the official that has mislead CIC by providing a compliance report without complying CIC decision.

3.Please provide total number of requests/letters written both to CPIO and FAA bringing their attention to non compliance of CIC decision and inform the action taken against those each letters.

Go for first and second appeals as usual.

Also file RTI Application and seek information from CPIO, CIC on action taken on your non compliance complaints dt.....

If you can afford go for a writ in HC if the information is urgent.