REGARDING THE FIRST APPEAL

kansan0607

Question

kansan0607

i filed a rti application u/s 2(1)(j) inspecting the documents in town planning section bangalore  on 20.05.2018,but still i didn't receive any reply from them what can i do???

shall i go for FIRST APPEAL U/S 19(1)

1 answer to this question

Prasad GLN

Go for First Appeal to FAA of the authority, as you have not received response from SPIO.

First Appeal dt.26th Jun,2018 under RTI Act 

Before: First Appellate Authority, .......................           BMC, Bangalore

Against.State Public Information Officer,......................BMC  Bangalore

Appellant:

\

Brief facts: Appellant has filed RTI Application on 20-05-2018 seeking inspection of some specified documents in Town planning section.  SPIO has neither fixed such dates giving me option on two dates  nor denied inspection stating such exemptions under Sec.8 Justification within 30 days as stipulated under RTI Act.  Copy of RTI Application self attested pasted as xerox on back of this appeal as page No.2

Grounds for Appeal:  Treating the information as deemed denial of information, this first appeal.

PRAYER: Appellant prays for directions to PIO for proposing two dates for inspection, giving  option of selecting a date and for providing the copies free of cost as information is not provided within 30 days.

Appellant.