Who will be actual pio in case of transfer of application u/S 6(3) of rti.

harindersinghrawat

Sir, my application was transfered from local self department to other department which in turn further transfered to other department. Then in this case who will be pio against whom i can file second appeal. I only received sms from one department while from other I queries telephonically then only I came to know that it has further transfered to other department. Where as no written letter came to me.

Kindly guide me what to do as my application was of 20 may 18.

The final destination of your RTI Application is with last PIO.  Without going for first appeal, second appeal can not be entertained, and second appeal hearing time takes years and result is uncertain.

If final PIO fails to provide information or denies inform, Within 30 + 10days time for postal transit you go for FIRST Appeal to First Appellate Authority and after waiting for further 50 days only, you can go for second appeal.

Please go through Sec.19 of RTI Act and adhere to time frame fixed under RTI Act for first and second appeals.  You have stated your RTI Application date as 20th May, and consider the date of receipt of your application by PIO as commencing date for calculation of time frame of 30 days given to PIO for response. 

It is the primary responsibility of applicant to locate correct PIO.

Edited by Prasad GLN

There is no dearth of idiots in the country, that may not be knowing fundamentals..

Focus on information and avoid wasting  of your precious time and money on such PIOs who can not read that one section relevant to them.

Formally make a first appeal to FAA stating Sec. 6 (3) so that PIO may remember such section/sub section and his responsibility in transferring.

To be honest, the applicant should locate correct PIO that is the actual custodian of that information.