RTI News-RTI finds out illegal orchestra in bars of Nagpur

A reply to the poser under Right to Information (RTI) has revealed that at least 12 bars are operating orchestras without permission. Licences of these bars have not been renewed by Police Department but still the shady business is going on.

Bar and orchestra at nagpur

In a reply to the poser under Right to Information (RTI) has revealed that at least 12 bars are operating orchestras without permission. Licences of these bars have not been renewed by Police Department but still the shady business is going on. This illegal act is also denting coffers of cash-starved Nagpur Municipal Corporation (NMC).

Notably, the civic body receives Rs 50,000 per month from each orchestra bar towards licence charges. But since the licences of these orchestra bars have not been renewed, the NMC is being deprived of much needed Rs 6 lakh per month.

The RTI reply further said that licences of these 12 dance bars lapsed 2-3 years back. Police had not renewed the licences of the dance bars but still many of these jaunts continue to run the dubious business.

According to the RTI information, licence renewal time limit of Needos Bar and Restaurant, run by Rajiv Jaiswal, was till 2016. Similarly, Babjotsingh Khanduja’s Hotel Executive Club (India) Pvt Ltd was till 2015, Neeraj Gupta-run Hotel Madira Bhavan’s was till 2015, Dilbagsingh Gurdipsingh Sokhi’s Hotel Sarja Bar and Restaurant was 2015, time limit of Hotel Skylark of Mohabbatsingh Kapoorsingh Tuli was till 2015, Sutinderpalsingh Gurcharansingh Arora’s bar was till 2015, licence renewal time limit of Hotel Ace Digistronic Pvt Ltd of Baldeo Mohan Hirani was till 2016, Ramlu Kondya Sultan’s Hotel Green Bar and Restaurant was till 2015, Avinash Bhosale’s Hotel Lee Meredien was 2016, Bestek Hospitalities Pvt Ltd’s Radisson Blu was till 2015 and licence renewal time limit of Welcome Bar and Restaurant run by Mohit Premchand Gupta was till 2017.

But even after lapse of licences of these dance bars, the orchestras and vulgar acts continue to attract elite clients.

View full entry

Prasad GLN

The malady is all this after computerization, wherein system automatically identifies the expired licenses one month before and issue printed notices, and the only thing Police has to do is just to sign and send it by Registered post.  The notices also stipulate penalties per day.   If Police really want they can do any thing when they can bring back deleted data from hard disks, mobiles and can retrieve conversations /SMS etc.  Where there is a will there is a way.  How unfortunate that the most negligent rti reminds Police of their responsibilities.

If the traffic fine I face is INR 100 but the cop is happy to settle it for INR 50 - I am happy, the cop is happy and the local government loses INR 100 but who cares?

I received a notice that my flat is "unauthorized construction" but I can get it regularized by paying a fine. But to pay the fine I had to run around so much that I finally gave up. But when the second round of amnesty came I found some one who can get it done (without paying extra). I received the regularization papers couple of years later and the delivery boy wanted some "tips"- I obliged.

I am sure the bar owners ARE paying - they are running a business and they do not want any hassle. Only thing the money is going elsewhere.

• Tell a friend

Love RTI INDIA- Online RTI? Tell a friend!
  • Members

• Ramesh12
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts