Jump to content
  • 0




One of my acquaintances was being harassed by some criminals. The court has sentenced them to imprisonment but allegedly the police is acting in concert with the criminals and is not arresting them. They have been taken to police station several times but not imprisoned.

What information can be sought from the police to bring out the lacuna in police action?

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 answer to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
  • Super Moderator

Just refer to the Court order (and the instructions therein) and ask :


1. What action has been taken with respect to the court order

2. Which officer is responsible to ensure that court orders are given effect

3. If no action taken, copy of the report of non compliance submitted to the court


I think you can also file a contempt of court petition in the Court.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Tell a friend

    Love RTI INDIA- Online RTI? Tell a friend!
  • Members

    No members to show

  • Forum Statistics

    • Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Recently Browsing

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy