Getting completion certificate

yryewale

Question

I live in Ahmednagar Maharashtra.I bought old bungalow in year Aug 2016.This bungalow was constructed in year 2000.At that time ( in 2000) my area was not under municipality.Thus owner did not have the Completion certificate. Now my area is under municipality . The officers are saying that more than 50000 Rs will be required to get the certificate (including their bribe money ). What I should do

Sent from my Redmi 3S using RTI INDIA mobile app

1 answer to this question

Prasad GLN

File RTI Application to  Municipality and seek information as follows.  (If only your building was assessed tax, obtained permission from the concerned authority, and if house taxes are being paid.  Preserve copies of Electricity connection, Telephone connection etc and if not available with you get it from the then owner)

Information solicited:

1.Please provide copy of laid down procedure for getting mutation of a property at house no.................................at............constructed in 2000 which was not in Municipality then, but now in Municipality.

(If you have a valid title deed duly registered with link document of such permission, completion certificate is not at all required.   Also take up the matter with seller and take an affidavit from him as enclosure to your sale deed that the property was not in Municipality on the date of construction, and as such completion certificate from  Municipality was not obtained.  In fact in every sale deed the default term is that all legal complications and problems prior to purchase has to be compensated by seller and it is his duty to get lawful clearances)

Edited by Prasad GLN