Ammonia storage tank at Mormugao Port Trust

damodard29

Question

damodard29

I have seeked the info under RTI towards ammonia storage tank present in the vicinity and under the security of Mormugao Port Trust Goa.

Information seeked is :

1.the integrity of ammonia tank by systematic inspection program

2.structural integrity of tank and it's operation

3.date of inspection of tank and years since last inspection.

4. Maximum inspection interval required.

Now here following all authorities have been failed to reply the information, transferring the application to other authority,

1.office of the collector and district magistrate

2.PESO

3. Bureo of Indian standard

4.Goa State pollution control Board

5.inspectorate of factories and boilers

This authority has replied the info is not in their record.

6.Mormugao Port authority said they don't have the information.

Sir, please assist me in above matter since its an hazourdus material stored and transported to zuari factory since from 2000 year and all are failed to provide the requested information..

Sent from my vivo 1606 using RTI INDIA mobile app

17 answers to this question

damodard29

Sir, MPT has rejected the information under section 11 of the RTI act saying third party have , FAA is also said PIO answered good, Now matter is pending before CIC, and operation of the ammonia storage tank is active, what can be done in this cases..

Sent from my vivo 1606 using RTI INDIA mobile app

Prasad GLN

Please go through replies and file RTI Application seeking information from every authority and enclose the copy of MPT letter of forwarding.

This information is concerned with larger public interest and can not be denied.

When the information is with two parties ex MPT and other depts, if appeal is pending with one dept., specifically state larger public interest and seek information from the second authority that has given the license and seek all such papers.  In the Heading itself mention

Application seeking information under RTI Act for larger public interest.

damodard29
Posted (edited)
On 1/26/2019 at 10:20 PM, Prasad GLN said:

It is left to Mormugao Port Trust Goa. to obtain such licenses/approvals/permissions from competent authorities who deal the matter separately.  Safety of Boilers is that of Factories and Boilers, pollution part is that of Pollution Board etc.

Now, you can simply file RTI Application and seek certified copies of such permission/license/ inspection report from all the depts., on record with port trust.  You can also seek information as to whether MPT applied for such permissions.

At the same time, go for the first appeal to MPT and state that PIO has not provided correct and complete information and that those depts., issue license/permission only on submission of such request from MPT and seek reports submitted to those authorities must be available in the file even before the license is granted.  As PIO is a misleading applicant

Who ever is the owner, they have to submit such certificates as units are functioning in MPT and it is the responsibility of MPT to take all precautions for safety of the port.

CIC has passed the order on 8/5/2020 to allow me for file inspection regards to all the safety information for ammonia storage tank and directed Mormugao Port Trust to help with the all documents at free Of cost with in 30 days!

I have also instructions from CIC that I can take any one person from my side during the time of file inspection!

THANK YOU RTI INDIA FOR ALL ASSISTANCE AND SUPPORT!

??

32666456-3965-494F-AFF1-ACDD9266DD7B.jpeg

Edited by damodard29
damodard29
Posted (edited)
On 5/11/2020 at 9:12 AM, Prasad GLN said:

Please upload CIC decision and post the story as success story.  After terrific gas leakage at Vizag, these kind of Larger public interest applications brings into light the deficiencies of the units much early.  You are a lay man, and you should be accompanied by an expert of some voluntary organisation and the report you submit to them MPT may bring several safety violations .  Search on line for such expert in any voluntary organisation.

Sir, today I have been called by the office of CPIO, MPT for providing am file inspection, however my information was related to the safety of the storage and no inspection of file was provided me which relates safety information of ammonia storage and as per the information seeked by me, please help me with the form I need to acknowledge during the inspection of file from the CPIO, early reply will be highly respected since I need to continue the visit tommrw to the MPT office and no form was provided to me by CPIO for signature having completed the inspection!

Edited by damodard29
Prasad GLN

Immediately after your visit, hand over the prepared and signed letter asking them for the following.

a)Specific safeguards/precautions needed for maintaining the plant.

b)Inspection conducted by the concerned and such copy of inspection report received/on record from inoffice and outside agencies like pollution Board etc.,

While closing the inspection, report in the minutes what was submitted and what was not submitted.   Always insist file submission duly paginated.   Many PIOs are very smart and they maintain serial number/chronological general file called master file wherein they file each and every letter that goes out of the office.  

It is always proper to be accompanied by those who are competent to find out lapses.

sidereal29
On 6/4/2020 at 8:43 AM, Prasad GLN said:

Immediately after your visit, hand over the prepared and signed letter asking them for the following.

a)Specific safeguards/precautions needed for maintaining the plant.

b)Inspection conducted by the concerned and such copy of inspection report received/on record from inoffice and outside agencies like pollution Board etc.,

While closing the inspection, report in the minutes what was submitted and what was not submitted.   Always insist file submission duly paginated.   Many PIOs are very smart and they maintain serial number/chronological general file called master file wherein they file each and every letter that goes out of the office.  

It is always proper to be accompanied by those who are competent to find out lapses.

Sir, Attached is the letter I am able to get signed from the CPIO, after inspection of files however I have also noted some file nos during the inspection which states the guidelines to be followed for ammonia  storage and required safety documents were not present in the file and when asked CPIO said he has provided me the enough inspection of files present / available in his office.

MPT DC RTI INSPECTION LETTER.jpg

Prasad GLN

You have to list out the files not provided for inspection and get such acknowledgment.  You ought to have clear idea of files to be inspected.  The following guidance was specifically given to you and there is no such listing out of files not provided.

Now you may file a complaint to CIC and take a chance.  Make this complaint a copy to CPIO and FAA.

Hon'ble Information Commissioner,

Central Information COmmission,

New Delhi.

File No...   

Decision No...dt.

Public Authority:

Complainant:

Complaint on not providing of important files for inspection as per CIC decision. 

1.In larger public interest, as per CIC decision, CPIO has permitted inspection on........................

2.This is to inform that " ammonia  storage' certain safety precautions to avoid hazard to workers and Public.  The following are some of the documents that must be present in the file  but those documents that speak of safety precautions were not present in the file.

i

ii

iii

3.CPIO was asked about those documents that are mandatory to sfafeguard the health of public and workers and CPIO has informed that he has shown all the documents that are in the files.

4.It is submitted that the very purpose of inspection under RTI is defeated, when certain information is withheld to conceal and suppress information that affects public health.

5.Complainant prays for directions to CPIO to provide inspection of the above documents.

Complainant.

COPY to CPIO: Please take this as complaint and also as fresh RTI with specific purpose of studying the mandatory files/documents that are required for safety of Ammonium tank.  Necessary fees will be paid immediately at the time of such visit after receiving such permission for inspection for the second time..

• Moderators
Sunil Ahya

Apart from what Prasad Ji has correctly suggested, you may add the following title / heading to your complaint:

Complaint u/s. 18 of the RTI Act, 2005