Information on passengers

Gurlovleen

Question

Gurlovleen

Need to know about allowed  number of passengers to transport in government buses, checks carried out, officer and departments responsible to carry out checks,check first aid box in buses.

8 answers to this question

Prasad GLN

Every vehicle that is permitted by RTO states the number of passengers, weight, checks carried out and must display in painting in the vehicle or outside the vehicle, etc.  In case of violations, a complaint can be filed by RTO mentioning the Registration vehicle no....  There may be routine checks on high ways both by Police dept., and every year by RTO for fitness certificate.  First, get the details from RTO through certified copies and then report violations.

Information solicited:

1. Please provide terms and conditions that a transport vehicle (Passenger/goods transport) should maintain as per the sanction of route permits. such as seating capacity, cargo, first aid box fitness certificate  etc,

115487987_Screenshotfrom2019-09-0109-43-19.png.33757c4bb47779df13e8f7df145b1500.png

After First Appeal , RTO, who is the Appellate Authority has replied as follows

1. Order/Circulars//directives with respect to Licence or permission for transport vehicle, cargo vehicle,Fitness certificate are available at the website of Transport Department.

I searched the website https://tnsta.gov.in/act_rules.jsp and could not find anything stated by PIO

Can I go for a  Second Appeal ?

Sir, Thank you

1. PIO did not provide reply within the stipulated period,Hence First Appeal, Appellate authority directly provided the reply

2. The RTI Reply provided by Appellate Authority did not mention any website link. Just stated go to transport dept website and you can get the information available

Gurlovleen
On 5/20/2019 at 11:33 PM, Prasad GLN said:

Every vehicle that is permitted by RTO states the number of passengers, weight, checks carried out and must display in painting in the vehicle or outside the vehicle, etc.  In case of violations, a complaint can be filed by RTO mentioning the Registration vehicle no....  There may be routine checks on high ways both by Police dept., and every year by RTO for fitness certificate.  First, get the details from RTO through certified copies and then report violations.

Information solicited:

1. Please provide terms and conditions that a transport vehicle (Passenger/goods transport) should maintain as per the sanction of route permits. such as seating capacity, cargo, first aid box fitness certificate  etc,

PIO, RTO Office has sent the following copy of Motor Vehicle Act as a reply to the aforestated query in my RTI Application.PIO has replied after I filed a non-compliance petition before State Information Commission.

PIO first asked me to visit website and fetch the information.I could not find any info on the website and filed first appeal as per your drafting sir. No reply for First Appeal .Second appeal filed with TNSIC. SIC ordered RTO to provide info.No reply from PIO.Non compliance filed and PIO sent the following attached PDF

Answer: Attached PDF

The attached PDF has no information about conditions that a transport vehicle (Passenger/goods transport) should maintain as per the sanction of route permits. such as seating capacity, cargo, first aid box fitness certificate  etc,

RTO.pdf

Prasad GLN

This is your query as per the post: 

Need to know about allowed  number of passengers to transport in government buses, checks carried out, officer and departments responsible to carry out checks,check first aid box in buses.

PIO has provided the circular  and the information is incomplete .

Make a complaint to SIC non implementation of SIC orders.

Grounds for Appeal: Information provided by PIO after FAA orders/SIC orders is incomplete as the  copy of Gazette notification is silent on following issues raised in query:

a)Seating capacity

b)cargo

c)Fitness certificate

d)

PRAYER:  Complainant prays for directions to SPIO to go through query and provide that information which is not stated in gazette as above and treat the information provided as "misleading" as SPIO has not peeped into the gazette and to satisfy himself whether information solicited is available either in the gazette or in website link given by FAA.  Complainant also prays for imposing penalty as SPIO has not responded within time of 30 days even after FAA Orders, SIC decision and replied only after a non compliance complaint was filed.

It is not known as to whether you have also sought information on checks conducted, cases booked etc.,

Once again highlight that information which is available as per gazette and not provided must find a place in grounds for appeal.

Edited by Prasad GLN
Gurlovleen
Posted (edited)

Sir,

I have raised a single query as per your advice.Did not solicit information such as checks conducted, cases booked etc.,

Break Inspector called me and stated that PIO could not understand the query i.e  1. Please provide terms and conditions that a transport vehicle (Passenger/goods transport) should maintain as per the sanction of route permits. such as seating capacity, cargo, first aid box fitness certificate  etc,

He asked me to clarify on the exact information Iam looking for.

No hearing conducted by IC. Only telephonic conversation with SIC Clerk. He called me and asked whether Iam satisfied with Information.I asked him to arrange a Audio Conferencing with IC.He said he will try his best.

Edited by Gurlovleen