RBCHAVAN

Suo moto cases

RBCHAVAN

Sir, 

Recently a cylinder blast took place in a hotel which was started without a valid licence. I had filed a RTI in the concerned Police station  asking for any cases filed, any investigation done and action taken. While accepting the application they orally told that no cases were filed.Can the police file Suo moto case after my application.

koteswararaonerella

IT CANNOT BE STATED AS TO WHAT POLICE WILL BE DOING  AND IT IS BEYOND RTI  MATTER 

Shree Vathsan
Sir, 
Recently a cylinder blast took place in a hotel which was started without a valid licence. I had filed a RTI in the concerned Police station  asking for any cases filed, any investigation done and action taken. While accepting the application they orally told that no cases were filed.Can the police file Suo moto case after my application.
You can file an RTI with concerned local body like corporation or municipality if they had issued any license to the hotel. The police should have replied to you in writing else file a first appeal.

Sent from my SM-J510FN using RTI INDIA mobile app

Prasad GLN

Any fire incident that taken place within jurisdiction of local District Fire Officer, must be reported to the nearest police station, and efforts taken by them on finding the cause of incdient, approximate loss of money/men, etc and that police station is duty bound to inquire into the incident and provide such report.  During the course of fire investigation if they find that the cause of accident is due to unauthorized use of cooking cylinder, they are bound to state such facts to that PSU Gas distributor and they have to provide facts as to in whose name the connection stands and who distributed/delivered a cylinder to them.

I do not agree with comment:  'WHAT POLICE WILL BE DOING  AND IT IS BEYOND RTI  MATTER "

as the very objective of RTI is "Transparency and accountability" without any exemption in larger public interest matters (hazardous to life and property)

A citizen can seek such information on entire file inspection and status of investigation so far and the responsibility of the hotel owner, gas distributor and others involved including delay in filing charge sheet.