jasmine_rticell

Collect information from private college

Question

jasmine_rticell

Can we get information from private college and supplied to applicant as information commission order us to do the same.. I am astonished how can I get the information from private college and furnish to applicant after commission order.

How can I denied... Any legible or legally ground

Sent from my vivo 1806 using RTI INDIA mobile app

2 answers to this question

Sunil Ahya

Please refer to the definition of information given under section 2(f) of the RTI Act. It is reproduced below (emphasis added):

Section (f) "information" means any material in any form, including records, documents, memos, e-mails, opinions, advices, press releases, circulars, orders, logbooks, contracts, reports, papers, samples, models, data material held in any electronic form and information relating to any private body which can be accessed by a public authority under any other law for the time being in force;

In this regard, also, kindly refer to the Hon'ble Supreme Court's decision in wherein it has ruled that information which can be accessed from a private body (which in the instant case was a Co-operative Society) must be accessed and provided under section 2(f) of the RTI Act (relevant extract from para 52 of the said decision is reproduced below):

Relevant extract from Para 52:

Registrar can also, to the extent law permits, gather information from a Society, on which he has supervisory or administrative control under the Cooperative Societies Act. Consequently, apart from the information as is available to him, under Section 2(f), he can also gather those information from the Society, to the extent permitted by law.

jasmine_rticell
Please refer to the definition of information given under section 2(f) of the RTI Act. It is reproduced below (emphasis added):
Section (f) "information" means any material in any form, including records, documents, memos, e-mails, opinions, advices, press releases, circulars, orders, logbooks, contracts, reports, papers, samples, models, data material held in any electronic form and information relating to any private body which can be accessed by a public authority under any other law for the time being in force;

In this regard, also, kindly refer to the Hon'ble Supreme Court's decision in wherein it has ruled that information which can be accessed from a private body (which in the instant case was a Co-operative Society) must be accessed and provided under section 2(f) of the RTI Act (relevant extract from para 52 of the said decision is reproduced below):

Relevant extract from Para 52:
Registrar can also, to the extent law permits, gather information from a Society, on which he has supervisory or administrative control under the Cooperative Societies Act. Consequently, apart from the information as is available to him, under Section 2(f), he can also gather those information from the Society, to the extent permitted by law.

Your mean, we will have to provide the information??

Sent from my vivo 1806 using RTI INDIA mobile app