subbu23

Appeal for RTI seeking new roads

Question

subbu23

Sir,

FIled a petition with DC on Grievance Day seeking new roads for our area. DC handed over the petition to the AE from Block Development Office and asked him to prepare estimate.After 30 days , I called the BDO,AE and DRDA to know status of my petition. They said we have sent proposals and  estimates to Directorate of Rural development and awaiting for sanction.After a month, I filed an RTI seeking status of my petition, office notes, copy of my petition submitted at GDP and copy of estimates and proposal. No reply from PIO. Filed an Appeal . BDO being the Appellate authority directly provided the reply for Appeal as follows

1.Please provide certified copy of petition No.15696 filed through GDP in the name of ------ on 04.11.2019  which was received by Office of BDO

Reply: You gave the petition at GDP. Its not our office data. Requested information  not under 2(2) i of RTI act, . We received your GDP petition at our office and numbered it and provided the reply

2. Please provide copies of office notes, day to day action taken and present status of GDP petition No. 15696 dt 04.11.2019

Reply: We have closed the petition stating that depending on the fund allotment for coming year, the road work for your area will be considered,. Day to day action on petition does not arise

No reply for my petition received in person nor found online

3.provide certified copy of estimations and proposals submitted by office of BDO to State Government for sanction during Jan 1,2019 to December 3,2019

Reply: Local Body elections are completed . Elected panchayat president will prepare estimates and proposals,

Edited by subbu23

5 answers to this question

Sunil Ahya

1. Requested information not under 2(2) i of RTI Act. Have you posted the information correctly because there is no such provision as 2(2) i in the RTI Act.

2. Can you clarify all the acronyms used in your post, for example: DC, BDO, AE, DRDA, GDP etc.?

subbu23

Sir,

Yes, section 2(2) i is  the exact section mentioned in the RTI reply. May be a spell error

DC District Collector   BDO block development officer, AE Assistant Engineer, DRDA director of rural development agency, GDP grievance day petition , held at Collector office campus every Monday, All department officers will be present on GDP

Edited by subbu23

subbu23

Humbly requesting members to advice on First Appeal

Sunil Ahya

I suppose the PIO has provided you with all the required information.

However, if you want a copy of the reply provided by the BDO to DC you can file a first appeal on the ground that the PIO of BDO's office ought to have provided a photocopy of the reply given by BDO's Office to the DC's Office.

Prayers:

1. Kindly direct the PIO of BDO's Office to provide a copy of the reply provided by it to the DC.

subbu23

Sir , Thank You.

BDO is the Appellate Authority FAA. I filed first appeal and got the aforesaid replies from BDO, BDO directly gave the reply.Its not the SPIO.

I did not receive any reply for my petition by anyways

BDO being the FAA has denied copy of petition submitted at GDP camp stating section 2(2)