Rajnish Kumar das

Rti support

Rajnish Kumar das

Sirs

After decision given by hon SC on girish ramchandra case are any activist challenging it in SC.As to now it has become habitual by PIO to quote the decision and deny third party information

Please provide information about it

Prasad GLN

The most complicated and controversial decision in RTI by SC is Girish Ramachandra Case, and almost every PIO quotes that Judgment while denying information, and those paragraphs are available in their system for COPY and PASTE.  As on to day no one has filed review petitions.

It all depends on the information solicited.  If there is larger public interest there are no exemptions under RTI Act.  So it is the duty of applicant to establish larger public interest in seeking such information and one has to escalate it to Information Commission and also establish such LPI before IC for favourable decision.

Unless the information solicited is posted, it is not possible to suggest any guidance.

Sidd2658

Sir i have filed 1st appeal on 2,15 and 16 march 2020 but didnt received any reply yet,please tell me when will i get my info that i have asked in my 1st appeal

Please guide i am new to this thing

Prasad GLN

You can wait for 45 days+ 5 days for postal transit for filing second appeal before Information commission, as there is lockdown and disruption in daily activities at all offices.  Please read Sec.19 in RTI Act available in the forum.  Members can not foretell as to when FAA delivers a decision/orders or whether FAA delivers any orders or maintain silence.

An appellant can only wait for 50 days and then go for second appeal and the process of second appeal is available in that website of Information Commission.