Information denied

code88

Question

code88

RTI REQUEST WAS:

Certified copies of the list of prisoners who are citizens of India and are lodged in foreign jails.

If you feel that above information does not pertain to your department then please forward the application to the designated authority, as per section 6(3) of RTI Act 2005.

If the information sought by me cannot be given to me please give me the certified copies of the laws/bylaws/order/circular etc. under which such information is forbidden to the public.

REPLY is :

Information is not available with CPV Division of Ministry of External Affairs. However, you may wish to contact various Indian Missions or Posts abroad for specific information as Indian Missions and Posts are independent CPIOs. Address of Indian Missions and Posts abroad is available at Ministry of External Affairs website at https:(slash)(slash)www.mea.gov.in(slash)indian-missions-abroad-new.htm.

What should be my next step??

1 answer to this question

Prasad GLN
Posted (edited)

Like "Migrant labour", the statistics of Indian prisoners abroad data is not available with Indian Government.

Now post this as grievance to Ministry of External affairs  through PGRMS grievance on line portal and ask Ministry to evolve a data of such Indian prisoners country wise and for uploading the same in a website as the problem is very serious.

Under RTI, one can get such information as available in the form of a material record and when there is no such record, further correspondence to me appears unproductive.

Write to all Opposition leaders requesting them to raise the issue in Parliament .

Edited by Prasad GLN