Denied due to covid19

code88

Question

code88

My RTI was to the central railways.

The following was my request:

Please supply me the following information with respect to Sramik Special Trains Running during the lockdown period by the Indian Railways.

Date range for which the information is required : May 01, 2020 to May 14, 2020

Particulars of the information sought :

(1) Train details of each journey during the above period which shall include the following particulars :

(A) Origin station.
(B) Destination station.
(C) Time taken for the journey.
(D) Expense incurred on the journey by the Indian railways.
(E) Expense incurred on the journey by state govt. ( Name of the state too).
(F) Number of passengers in the train.

(2) The process of berth allotment to passengers.

(3) Names of passengers who were charged money for the tickets.

If you feel that above information does not pertain to your department then please forward the application to the designated authority, as per section 6(3) of RTI Act 2005.

If the information sought by me cannot be given to me please give me the certified copies of the laws/bylaws/order/circular etc. under which such information is forbidden to the public.

I do hereby declare that I am an Indian citizen. What so ever information you would provide me on paper, that paper should be duly signed and clearly stamped by some competent authority. If you use the backside of that paper for providing me the information, please get that side also duly signed and clearly stamped by some competent authority. I request you to ensure that the information is provided before the expiry period of 30 days after you have received the application.

THE REPLY WAS :

It is to inform you that due to Covid 19 Pandemic lock down and Mumbai area falls under the Red Zone, records are not accessable to find the information. As such, reply on your RTI Application will be provided after lock down is called off.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

(S S Patange)
ACM(Cog) & APIO (Comml)

SUGGESTIONS PLEASE.

1 answer to this question

Prasad GLN

This was CPIO reply: "it is to inform you that due to Covid 19 Pandemic lock down and Mumbai area falls under the Red Zone, records are not accessable to find the information. As such, reply on your RTI Application will be provided after lock down is called off.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

This was your post:   Denied due to covid19

Where do you find the denial ?

Admit the fact and extra ordinary situation and on logical end of such importance and urgency of information sought and appreciate the CPIO response.

Other CPIOs are not responding even after first appeal even without COVID